a fresh shower in the morning

————
chapter 2
refreshing, to say the least
————

James was the first to wake up the next morning, groggy and disoriented. His eyelids clicked against one another, realizing he must have fallen asleep at some point during the night while watching his soap opera.

He looked over at the couch to find Gregory beside him, his head pressed against the armrest, asleep. James sighed and shook Gregory's shoulder. "House?"

"Hmmp.." He stirred awake, groaning as he rolled over. "House, get up." James furrows his brows. "Five minutes..." His voice was sleepy, and even slightly slurred from last night's drinks. "Would you get off me?" James grumbled, nudging Greg with his foot.

Gregory huffed at him, pulling himself closer to James. "House. Stop acting like a child." James rolled his eyes, but let out an exasperated sigh when Greg didn't move a muscle. "You're such a hassle." He sighed, pulling the man up onto his chest. "There, happy now?" James rolled his eyes.

Gregory grinned up at him lazily. "Yeah." he said quietly before closing his eyes again. James almost chuckled; smirking down at him. "Glad I could make your day so much brighter." He leaned over Greg's shoulder to before rolling off of the couch and heading for the shower.

He came back out in fresh clothes ten or fifteen minutes later, hair still wet from the shower. He spotted the hungover man still flat on the couch. "What, do you need help getting up?" James teased.

"No..." Gregory mumbled sleepily, smelling fruity body-wash. "..You smell like fucking fruit, Will.." James shrugged, leaning back against the wall. "You should try using soap now and then." He stretched out, looking around the room.

"Maybe." Gregory cracked open an eye to look over at James before closing it again. "I'll think about it," he mumbled.

James rolled his eyes, grunting while attempting to pick up the man from his indent in the sofa. "..I'll buy dinner tonight." Gregory's eye peeked open again. "Really?"

James nodded, before he'd slowly walked to the bathroom; turning on the shower, to let the water run until the room started to steam up. "You want me to grab your cane or something?" He cocked a brow.

Gregory laughed weakly, shaking his head. He rubbed sand from the creased of his eyes, flicking it away. "No, no. Just wait for me to be done," The man muttered. "I might fall and take a bit longer. Maybe all day."

James rolled his eyes, stepping out and shutting the door behind himself.

Gregory stripped down from his loose shirt and gray boxers, stepping into the shower. He allowed the hot water to wash away the hangover and the alcohol; scrubbing his body with a more masculine smelling soap. Sure, he was gay, but he wouldn't be caught dead smelling like James.

About ten minutes had passed, and he now wrapped a towel around his waist, and moved over to the sink to brush his teeth. "Look, you didn't fall." James smiled, ruffling through his short hair.

Gregory snorted rhetorically, but didn't mutter out a word. He quickly started and finished brushing his teeth, moving back into the bedroom to put on clean clothes for work.

"Be quick, House! I'd like to be on time today.." James called out, grabbing his helmet before clicking it on.

————
another short chapter because i'm lazy
————