First Day of School

Taurus walked nervously into the school. It was his first day, and it was already three months into the school year. His mom had gotten a new job, so he had to move 500 miles away from his old home, friends, and everything he had grown up with.

Kids were pushing and shoving to get through the doors, and Taurus was jostled quite a bit before he made it into the hallway. He had picked out his locker and gotten his schedule the day before, so he knew where to go. Taurus slowly made his way to his locker. Once he got there, he checked his schedule and pulled out his English binder. Its in room 134, Taurus thought, I think that's on the left side, no, the right side, no, its-
He had no idea where to go.

Taurus decided to ask someone. He approached a trio of girls talking at a locker to his left. "Hi, um, can you tell me where room 134 is? Please?" he asked.

They giggled. One of them piped up, "Its on the right side of the school," she said cheerfully.

"Oh, um, thanks." Taurus replied awkwardly and walked off to find his classroom. Why were they giggling? He wondered as he turned into a the main hallway that connected both sides of the school.

Finally, he made it to class. He sat at the back so no one would see him and pulled out his books. After a minute, the teacher walked in. "Hello class, how are you today?" he asked. Taurus could tell that he was a strict, no-nonsense kind of guy. "Good." the class answered unanimously.

"I believe we have a new student here today. Come on up." The teacher said and Taurus slowly got up and walked to the front of the class. He faced the other students, most of whom looked as though they couldn't care less. "My name is Mr. Terris. What is your name?" The teacher asked.

"Taurus." he mumbled.

"Well Taurus, you should get to know the class. Alright students. When I call your name for attendance, stand up." said Mr. Terris.

He picked up an attendance sheet and began calling names.

"Aries!" he called. A tall, muscular guy with black hair, green eyes, and a bored expression on his face stood up and then sat back down.

"Well, next is you Taurus, so we'll just mark you here." Mr. Terris put a check mark beside Taurus's name.

"Gemini!" he called. A tall girl, shorter than Aries, with long, dark brown hair and eyes stood up, waved, and then sat back down. Taurus recognized her as the girl who had directed him to the room earlier that day.

"Cancer!" A short-ish guy with messy blonde hair and big blue eyes stood up and then sat down.

Leo had long red hair and bright green eyes. Virgo had short, light brown hair and amber eyes. They were the other girls who had been with Gemini in the morning.

They continued down the list. Libra was beautiful, with her long, wavy black hair and light blue eyes. She winked at him. Scorpio rolled his eyes when he stood up. He had dark brown hair and really dark brown, almost black eyes. Saggitarius had blonde hair that faded into brown. Her green eyes sparkled with mischief. Capricorn was silent and reserved. His reddish-brown hair was neatly combed, and his amber eyes were constantly roving the room behind his thick glasses. Aquarius had dyed his hair blue and purple, and wore mismatched clothing. His brown eyes glowed and he smirked at Taurus. Pisces was pretty small, and her enormous brown eyes made her look like an owl with short black hair.

When the introductions were done, Taurus gladly sat down at the back again. He hated when the attention was focused on him. Mr. Terris droned on and on about similies and metaphors. Finally, the class ended and Taurus headed back to his locker. It turns out that Virgo's locker was only five lockers down from his. She was also in all of his classes, so he just followed her from class to class. After what seemed like an eternity, it was lunchtime. Taurus sat down at an empty table in the cafeteria, opening up his lunch bag. Everyone was staring at him and whispering. He decided to join another table. Capricorn was sitting in a table to his left, texting. Taurus picked up his lunch and walked over.
"Hey, Capricorn, mind if I sit here?" Taurus asked.

"Go for it." replied Capricorn without looking up from his phone.

Taurus sat down across from him and began eating. Neither of them said a word. Taurus was about to attempt to start a conversation when Virgo, Leo, and Gemini came over. "Mind if we sit with you?" Leo asked.

"No, not at all." Taurus moved over to make room for the trio. "So, how's your first day going?" asked Gemini.

"OK, I guess." Taurus shrugged.

"You know, if you aren't sure where to go you can just ask me instead of following me around all day." Virgo said with a smirk. The girls giggled and Taurus looked down, embarrassed. "Yeah, okay, whatever." Taurus mumbled.
Gemini started a conversation about cats, and everyone joined in, even Capricorn. All too soon, the bell rang. Taurus went to the rest of his classes, remembering to ask Virgo for directions instead of following her. The day ended quickly.

As Taurus was leaving, he heard someone calling his name. When he turned around, he saw Leo, Virgo, and Gemini waving at him. "See you tomorrow!" Gemini called.
Taurus smiled and continued walking.

"See you later." said a deep voice. Taurus looked up to see Capricorn walking past on his phone. His smile became a toothy grin. As he walked home that day he thought, maybe I do have friends here after all.
____________________________________________

Yay! My first story! By the way, the part might be intertwined (like if two people are dating in one story, they might be dating in the next). I will gladly accept any requests and/or constructive criticism! IF YOU VOTE I WILL VOTE SPAM YOU!!!!!