xv : hopelessly devoted

⋱❀⋰

⋱❀⋰

┎                                      ┑
FIFTEEN :
hopelessly devoted
┕                                     ┙


MY EYES ARE SHUT COMPLETELY. I'm in full terror now. I'm shaking nonstop. I hear it snarling right near us. I can hear it slowly walk away. I bring one eye to open, the other follows.

Mike lifts up to take a look. I bring my hand to my mouth. I don't want to make a sound. Even though I'm scared to death for Mike. He falls back to us. "It's turned away. If we go up the stairs now, we'll make it." He explains in a whisper.

I remove my hand from my mouth. "No way, not with El's leg." Max argues. "We have to try." I cry. I want  to get out of here. "There's another way.. to get out. Through the Gap." El whispers.

I bring my hands to my hair. Oh what have I gotten myself into. "It's life or death." I whisper. Mike looks back up. "Okay. Now." He tells us. I grab Mike's hand. We run our way to the Gap store.

We go over the glass that had broken. El fell to the ground. She shrieked. "Fuck!" I whisperly yell. I look back. The creature heard us. "Help me!" I furiously whisper. The three of us get El back up.

The creature makes its way to us. We go behind a shelf. I'm really freaking out. The tentacle had grabbed a mannequin. It realized it was fake and was eventually thrown right next to us.

The mannequin is right next to my leg. The tentacle begins to come nearby. The tentacle is right at my face. I don't move an inch, I don't say anything, and I don't breathe whatsoever.

A balloon far away pops. The tentacle quickly goes away from my face. I let out a shakily breath. I'm the first to get up. I run towards the employees only door. I push it open.

We see a door that says 'EXIT'. I sigh in relief. We are so far ahead. The gate to our exit opens. I look around. The others are gone. The only person here is, "Billy." I say under my breath.

"Shit." Max realized. "Go! Go! Go!" I order. We all run back to the door we just exited from. The lights are flickering as we run down the hallway, again. We make it to the elevator. "In here. Come on. Come on." Mike begged as he continuously pressed the button.

I'm completely focused on this god damn elevator that I hear the door open. Max is in the hallway. "Billy." She says. I look at Mike. Mike looks at me. He knows that I have to do what I plan to do.