XI

"AHHH, WHAT THE FUCK!" He jumps, startled by her sudden outburst

"AHHH, WHAT THE FUCK!" He jumps, startled by her sudden outburst. Danah immediately slams the door on herself. "YANG JUNGWON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?

Jungwon didn't know what to say. He didn't even mean to reveal his face, his hoodie just happened to slip off at the moment.

"WHERE IS SHEEP?!"

In all honesty, he was in utter disbelief at this point. It's cute how slow she is, he thought. She had just closed herself out her room and him inside by himself. "Sheep is right here..." he trails off.

"Is he?" Danah hesitantly opens the door to see that Jungwon was seated on the spot she placed Sheep.

He looked at her with an expectant stare, as if he paused to wait for her to come to a realization.

He wore Sheep's clothing; his hoodie was down since he was using the cold water bottle she gave him on his cheek. Wait. She didn't want to believe it.

She was currently going through an existential crisis. First of all, Yang Jungwon and Sheep are the same person? Second of all, Yang Jungwon was the one that saved me? Last of all, Yang Jungwon is a vampire?

This explained a lot of peculiar things to Danah. How Sheep knew her name without telling her, how Jungwon knew so much about vampires, etc.

"Danah..." Jungwon snaps her out of her daze. He pats the spot beside him, motioning him to sit with her.

Danah heaves before accepting, "Sorry. I just don't know how I should take this information." She sits down beside him, fidgeting with her hands.

I don't blame you. If I were in your shoes, I'd be horrified, Jungwon internalizes.

"No, it's my bad. I didn't expect you to come back that fast," Jungwon sighs — He continued pressing the cold water bottle onto his cheek.

Now that Danah was seeing his face, she noticed how beat up he looked. He had cuts, bruises, and some dirt on him. "Is this why you didn't come to school yesterday?"

Swiftly, she sits down before and began tending to his face. It's pretty useful to have a mother who was a nurse. He watches her closely as she does so.

Jungwon sighs, "How much did I miss?" He wasn't one to miss school, so he was worried for even missing just a single day.

"Just notes... and a new project," Danah refuses to look into his eyes. "You and I are partners for that project, by the way."

"Nice to know."

I cant believe that I'm fucking talking to a Vampire about school. "So," Danah slurs her words. "You didn't go to school cause you were injured or something?"

He purses his lips, "It's more complicated than that. The night I saw you was when everything happened. While in bat form, I was shot down once again and I was knocked unconscious. The hunters put me in a cage, and I woke up the next afternoon getting transported to a testing lab. Fortunately, before I could even go in, Jay hyung and Sunghoon hyung came for me."