Ch. 37 - The Epilogue

Start from the beginning

She could feel her breaths getting shallower. She prayed to every god she could think of that she would find Percy in the afterlife. She feared she would be alone in Elysium, separated from the one dead person she would give anything to spend eternity with.

"Well that's a depressing thought." A voice said and she knew she was about to die considering no one was close to her. Frank had dragged her away from the conflict but was forced to leave her when a hoard of wild centaurs charged at him and Hazel, forcing them to leave her safe but alone, hidden from the battle.

"If you would just hurry up and die, we have work to do."

Now she knew she was delusional. That voice... She would know it anywhere.

"Percy..." she wasn't even sure she made a sound but it was all she could muster with so little blood left in her body. As she was trying to force her eyes open, she was suddenly blinded by a light above her.

"Rise Reyna." The voice said more firmly. To her shock, she did just that. She rose to her feet and looked down only to see her own body slowly beginning to dissolve as if she were some kind of monster or something.

She looked up and had to force back to urge to cry out. Percy stood before her... Well, not exactly the Percy she remembered. This Percy was a little taller and more muscular, with more defined facial features and an aura of power and authority that seemed to radiate from his body.

"Percy," was all she managed to croak out.

Instead of responding, he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her waist before planting a passionate kiss right on her lips. She was too stupefied to even react when he broke away. She stayed in the same spot, a mixture of confusion, happiness and awe giving her a temporary break from rational thoughts.

"I feel like I've waited a lifetime to do that again." He smiled at her.

"B... Bu... But, you're dead!" She finally sputtered out.

He smiled a familiar mischievous and crooked smile, "Dead? I suppose that's one way to put it. Come, my love; we are not done yet."

Line Break

Frank fired his an arrow through the forehead of a centaur and then spun around turning his right hand into a bear's hand and smacked one so hard it did a complete flip before collapsing to the ground and crumbling to dust.

He pulled out another arrow and drove it into the forehead of a third before ripping it out and firing into the neck of a telekhine that was sneaking up behind Hazel.

Transforming into the form of a giant eagle, he launched himself into the air, climbing at least fifty feet into the sky before letting himself freefall back to the earth. When he was fifteen feet up, he spread his wings again and aimed his fall right into the back of a herd of assorted monsters that were trying to overrun his girlfriend.

He rolled across the monsters' flailing bodies, changing this time into a full grown gorilla and crushing a handful under his suddenly increased weight. The survivors were quickly grabbed with his huge mits and hurled into more of their comrades.

He backed up, Hazel fending off monsters from their backside with her huge cavalry sword.

They pushed their way back towards the direction they came from, desperately trying to get back to their fallen praetor and friend, Reyna.

"Just go Frank!" Hazel yelled, the twang in her southern accent becoming more prevalent when she got flustered. "I can hold them! Get to Reyna!"