Chapter four

As I reached a quite big tree, I held onto it, almost collapsing to the ground. I felt exhausted. More than that. My lungs burned from all the heavy breaths I took and my legs felt shaky, not even mentioning the pain everywhere. There was nothing on my body that didn't scream for a break.

I let myself slide down the tree and stopped when my but reached the ground. I closed my eyes, planning on resting for only about five minutes and leaned my head against the tree trunk.

Suddenly a new, different wave of pain overcame me. Describing it as pain would've probably even been a lie. Not pain, numbness. Sudden numbness of my whole body. I knew what it was, or better, who it was. Pan who just found out I escaped. That bloody demon could obviously control me from who knows where.

"Oh fuck it!" I cried and hit my head against the trunk in madness. All I could do was sit here. Moving was hard enough before he figured it out. Now it was somewhat impossible to most body parts.

Knowing that, I closed my eyes and tried to ignore those odd feelings. Maybe, for some reason, the numbness would stop sooner later and if it did, I would continue my journey. But for now I knew I needed a moment of rest.

The planned five minutes didn't work. Somewhere deep in my mind I knew it. I knew I had to get up but I just couldn't get myself to wake up. 

Suddenly, somewhere in the distance, I heard a loud scream. It woke up my mind and I opened my eyes in shock. 

The first thing I noticed was my no longer numb body. Obviously it did fade away sooner or later. But just then I realized something. This was not the place I fell asleep. It looked different.

I grabbed against my neck as I felt the scratching feeling of something against it. Fear hit me as I realized what it was.

"Fuck!" I yelled, immediately looking around me. The place looked different from before. I mean, everything looked somewhat the same in this place but still. There was some sort of tiny camp that I definitely didn't see when I fell asleep. And the ground. It was different.

But the most convenient thing out of all leaned against a tree near me with it's eyes closed. Pan.

My heart almost stopped as I saw him standing there. He didn't even look a bit uncomfortable. This couldn't be part of his plan, right? But seeing him standing there, completely calm and with a nasty smirk on his face even with his eyes closed, changed everything. And explained a lot.

It explained everything. The sudden disappearing of my numbness. The scream of, as I realized, a young boy who seemed to have a fight with an older one. Not hard to guess who or what they were. Lost boys. 

"Hello, love. Glad to see you remember me." I heard someone near me saying. As I turned to look at the person, my gaze was caught by his, staring right back into my eyes. Chills ran through my body, making me shiver. His gaze was uncomfortably extrem, intimidating.

"Get that thing of my neck, Pan!" I growled, making him chuckle slightly. He pushed himself of the tree and  made his way to me.

"You think you're allowed to make any orders? After what you've done." He asked, making me face the ground in embarassment. I couldn't even tell why. Why would I be embarrassed for trying to safe myself?