After breakfast, which ended up being more like lunch, Ryder gave me permission to wonder around and explore a little. His mistake. I made my way back to my room, first looking there to see what I had. There were warm boots and a coat along with other clothes I wouldn't be able to take with me. Then I spent the next few hours wandering around the facility which was built like some sort of war fortress. There were bedrooms and the kitchen and library, but there were also training rooms, weapons rooms and a hall labeled "The Vault". I didn't know why it needed to be labeled or what it was. But I decided to check it out.

My heart pounded as I closed my hand around the cold metal handle, swinging the silent door open to reveal a dark staircase. I got the urge to swear as I wandered down the steps slowly making sure not to trip. The bottom of the stairs came eventually and I stood there, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. There was a faint green light coming from who knows where. I stared in shock at what surrounded me. My skin broke out in a cold sweat as I tried to take in the room. The dark green light made the dungeon even creepier feel. There were strong metal bars surrounding the room that would hold in anyone, including a strong werewolf which is what I am sure they were made for. Inside the cells there were chains with dark stains stretching across some of the tiled walls. I forced myself to try to breathe more normally after realizing there wasn't anyone down here.

I was about to turn and run back up the stairs when something caught my eye. Back in one of the corners, where there was just a blank wall, no cell, was a strip of light shining at a crack in the floor. I wanted to know what it was but dreaded walking further into the dark. It could be my way out. Escape won over fear and I took small steps to get closer to the crack. I heard the blood rushing through my ears as I got closer. Kneeling down, I ran my sore fingers over the crack and gasped as I felt freezing air. With a jolt of hope, I ran my hands over the wall in front of my face blindly searching for something, anything. I almost cried out as my hand closed on a handle. Slowly I turned it as I stood. I then looked out the door into the snow covered wilderness. The freezing air stung my face and eyes as I stood in shock. It cant be that easy. This is a trap. I tried to rationalize with myself. But Ryder wouldn't have expected me to come down here. An eighteen year old human girl wouldn't walk into a room from a horror movie. Wrong.

I smiled crazily and shut the door leaning against it and letting my eyes adjust to the darkness again before running up the stairs.

As much as I had wanted to, I knew I couldn't leave right there. It is going to take me a long time to get back to Derek's territory, especially because our link is blocked until I am on his land again. I needed a plan. I tried to look as casual and curious as I had before the discovery in case there was anyone in the halls. Going back to one of the rooms, I quickly stole a medium sized black backpack I had found while snooping earlier. I rushed to the kitchen and filled it with a little bit of food being cautious not to make it too heavy. Most importantly, I took a knife out of one of the drawers, just in case. My heart pounded as I tried to walk normally back to my room. A few guards passed me but didn't give me a second glance.

I leaned against my door and dropped the backpack next to me trying to calm my nerves. I looked at the window and found that it was surprisingly almost dusk. A few steps from the door I heard a knock. I quickly kicked the bag under the bed and opened the door my blood rushing. It was Ryder.

"Its almost dinner. Are you going to eat?" He asked giving me a once over. I shook my head and cleared my throat.