Chapter 4 - The Wheels on the Bus Go Boom, Boom, Boom!

Izzy's POV
On Friday after school, Ren had to go to court because he played his music too loud last Saturday. Uncle Wesley came with him and the rest of us stayed home.

Uncle Wesley argued with the judge over the matter and the judge decided that Ren was not guilty.

To be fair, Ren and I had just moved here on the day that he had gotten in trouble for playing music too loud, so he didn't know about the loud music and dancing laws yet.

Tonight is the first home football game of the season and I'm going to be cheerleading at it. Willard and Ren are going to be playing in it, of course, and I'm ready to cheer them on.

Aunt Lulu is doing my makeup for tonight. I smile when I look in the mirror.  I have little blue and yellow gems by my eyes and some body glitter to go along with it. I'm wearing red lipstick and mascara. My hair is pulled into a neat ponytail. I'm wearing my Bomont Panthers cheerleading outfit that's in the school colors of blue and gold.

My brother walks into the room wearing his football jersey and smiles.

"You look pretty, Iz." He says. I give my brother a hug.

"Thanks Ren. You're the best,"

Ren and I have to get to the school almost two hours before the game starts. Before we leave, my aunt gives Ren and I a little something to eat. I don't want to eat too much since it could make me feel sick with all the jumping around I have to do.

Ren parks his car in a spot and we walk over to the football field. Some of the other cheerleaders are already here and they're sitting on the benches, talking amongst themselves.

I say hi to them and a couple of the girls encourage me to sit next to them. I'm lucky that the girls on the team here are so nice. Back in Boston, the girls on the team weren't the biggest fans of new comers. They saw them as competition; someone who could take their spot on the team.

While I'm sitting with the girls, Willard walks over to us. A few of the girls whisper about how good looking he is and I try to ignore them.

"Hi Izzy!" Willard calls. I smile and wave to him.

"Hey, Willard! What's up?"

"Just wanted to tell you good luck since it's your first game cheerleading for Bomont," Willard says with a smile. "I also have to say that you look real pretty tonight, Izzy."

I smile and can feel the color once again rising to my cheeks. Ren is standing not too far away from us and he has a huge smile on his face.

"Thank you, Willard. That's very sweet of you to say,"

"You're welcome, little lady." Willard says. I laugh. Willard frowns. "What?"

"I'd prefer that you didn't call me little lady anymore," I answer. Willard shrugs.

"You got it, sweetheart." He says with a wink before walking away. I feel my cheeks getting even redder.

The girls run over to me and look really excited.

"Oh my gosh, Izzy! Willard Hewitt is totally into you!" One of them shouts excitedly. I roll my eyes.

"I highly doubt that,"

"Oh come on. It's obvious," Natalie, one of the cheerleaders, says with a smile. "You better cheer the loudest for him,"

"I'll cheer for whoever I want to cheer for," I say. Natalie shrugs.

"Ok,"

*

As the game finishes, I cheer in excitement. Bomont won the game 48 to 30. My eyes grow wide as Ren and Willard start running towards me with their arms open to hug me.