3.1} Boat Trouble

Start from the beginning

"Uh, cause why not?" Kenji tells Luca s he gives him a salute.

"Don't worry. We'll be right back." Ben tells Bumpy as we give her another hug.

"Okay, on the plus side, still no compies around camp, so that's good." Darius tells us as he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Well, I mean Bumpy is here so they won't until they know she's gone from the area fully." Luca points out.

"Fair enough. But on the minus side, raft escape attempt number one was..." Darius trails off as everyone lists an answer.

"Wet." Kenji says.

"Cold." I join listing.

"Chaotic." Luca tells Darius.

"Bad" Yaz adds.

"Didn't work." Brooklynn points out.

"It wasn't a total disaster." Darius tries to tell us.

"Mhm, you tell yourself that." I say sarcastically.

"Um, we lost the raft and almost drowned. How is that not a disaster?" Sammy exclaims.

"We didn't get eaten by dinosaurs?" Darius says a little unsure of everyone's reaction to his answer.

"Fair point." Luca also shrugs.

Darius, we're out of options." Brooklynn exclaims before getting up and taking the chalk. "We tried Kayaks, gyrospheres, more gyrospheres, Yaz's bad 'find a helicopter and learn to fly it ourselves' plan..." Brooklynn crosses out each plan as she goes along the list.

"Oh, and what about Brooklynn's worse 'let's go back into the tunnels and look for a phone' idea?" Yaz gets up taking the chalk to cross out that plan.

"Huh, I sense tension between the two." I say as Sammy and Luca nod in agreement.

"Ugh. Think! What haven't we tried yet?" Brooklynn asks us.

"Just gonna pitch it one more time..." Kenji starts to say his plan again before getting interrupted.

"We're not building a human catapult. That won't work at all and is top 1, worst plan." Luca tells him.

"How do we know it can't be done if we never tried it, little cousin." Kenji tells him, resting his arm on Luca's shoulder.

"I think your idea sounds fun at least." Sammy says from beside Luca.

"Thanks, Sammy. And I always appreciate your optimism. Something Luca should take notes on more." Kenji says as Luca rolls his eyes.

"Aw, thanks, Kenji! And don't worry Luca, I think you're fun to hang with." Sammy says, giving Luca a light punch on the arm.

"Thanks, Sammy. You're fun to hang with, too." Luca says with a smile as the three laugh together.

"I hear you, but I still think a boat is a way to go." Darius says to Kenji.

"I agree with Darius, your idea Kenji, well, we're not risking anyone's safety." I point out.

"Yeah, that. But all we need is a better sail." Darius tells us.

"Not to be a downer, but it took us weeks to find enough usable fabric for the last one." Yaz points out.

"And even if we do find a sail, what's gonna save us from another killer wave?" Brooklynn exclaims.

"There's gotta be a fix. Every problem always has a fix." Darius says.

"What about we try to build some sort of wall on the edges of the raft?" I suggest.

"That might work." Darius gives me a thankful smile. I nod with a smile as well. "Ben, what do you think?" Darius questions as I turn to see Ben wasn't next to me but towards the edge looking out. "Ben?" Darius looks at me with a questioning look as if to ask why he isn't responding. I just shrug.