End of the Day

*to celebrate the elounor bua 2023*

SUMMARY: Louis and Harry cosplay tired tired sea

(disgustingly cute short fluff) (I'm so happy)

The waves hitting the shore is the sound Harry wakes up to. He's on his side, facing the large all around window that imitates the very top of a lighthouse.

Harry wakes up with a smile, feeling absolutely, unconditionally content for the first time in a long, long time. He slowly sits up, the duvet falling down his naked body while he rubs his eye and goes through his hair with one hand.

The bed is empty apart from
him but scattered over the floor of the bedroom are two glasses and an almost empty bottle of expensive red wine, a mess of clothes that were ripped off in a haste and a game of scrabble that was never finished.

Harry would have won, though. Louis is shit at scrabble since at one point he always starts making up words.

Harry smiles even wider at that, getting up from the bed and walking over to the armchair, a soft pink robe thrown over it that has fuzzy black sleeves and H.T. written on the left side on the front.

Swinging it around his shoulders and loosely tying it at the front, Harry walks over to the window, looking down at the cliffs and the water.

There, as a small dark spot from up this high, is Louis, and as an even smaller spot is Clifford, running around in the wind. Harry squints his eyes, only slightly able to guess what Louis is doing. He's recording a video of the waves.

Then, only seconds later, Harry's phone vibrates in his hand and he tears his eyes from Louis and Cliff, glancing down at it. There, upon missed calls from Taylor and Liam, congrats texts from his mum and Zayn, an Instagram reel sent by Daisy Tomlinson and a lot of Elounor Breakup Memes Niall sent him, is a message from Instagram, saying Louist91 just posted a story.

Harry scoffs out a laugh and unlocks his phone, watching the video of the sea that Louis posted on his story, before he clicks on the reply button.

@HarryStyles: I get that you're in your photography era right now but come back inside

Just for a laugh, Harry tilts his phone upwards and zooms in as far as possible, taking a picture of Louis down by the beach, sending it to him as well.

He sees how Louis takes his phone back out of his pocket and looks down at it, and only seconds later his messages are marked as seen.

@Louist91: why don't you come outside?

@HarryStyles: cause I'm naked

Louis whips around, holding one hand above his eyes to shield himself from the sun, it seems.

@Louist91: Liar

@HarryStyles: 😊😊

Giggling at his own joke, Harry walks away from the window, grabs the wine glasses and leaves the bedroom with his phone in the pocket of the robe. It's so soft and silky.

It was a gift from Louis, of course. Harry liked it so much that he decided to even wear it in his music video for Music for a Sushi Restaurant. Along with the robe, Louis always buys him the most extraordinary gifts. Like the lion ring, for example or the colourful patchwork cardigan.

Barefoot, Harry walks downstairs and left into the kitchen, setting the empty glasses down and opening the fridge in search for breakfast while the front door opens. He hears how Cliffords paws scrape over the wooden floor before he hears Louis' footsteps. Smiling, Harry closes the fridge again and walks into the hallway.

"Good morning, beautiful"

Louis looks up from where he was toeing off his shoes and he smiles prettily while he unzips his jacket and carelessly throws it onto the floor. Normally, Harry would scold him for it, but not today. Louis walks over to him and wraps his arms around Harry's waist before he leans up and kisses him softly.

"Good morning my love"

Clifford knocks into Harry's calves but he can't seem to look away from Louis, not when he's smiling so brightly.

"What's the plan for today?"

Louis shrugs, discreetly slipping one hand inside Harry's robe to have a hold on his naked waist. "We can do whatever. Today's the first day of us being single at the same time"

"Yeah, well" Harry tilts his head to the side with a smile. "Apart from that we're not single because you married me ages ago"

Louis laughs and kisses him again, leading Harry into the kitchen and filling two glasses with orange juice. "To us"

Harry smiles and clinks their glasses together.

"To freedom"