15

Neymar's POV

My body was on its side as I lay on my pillow. All I could see was the beautiful woman who was lying beside me. Shyla was sound asleep, cradling a pillow to her chest.

I'd somehow persuaded her to spend the night at my house. She'd insisted on returning home because she didn't want to be a burden.

I couldn't understand why Shyla thought she was a burden to me. Because we share the same bed?

Shyla's sad eyes looked into mine when she told me we should wait a little longer. Something wasn't right. She wasn't asking for us to wait for no righteous cause.

I didn't want to press her or force the information from her. I wanted her to tell me when she realized she could rely on me. And she is capable. I will never pass judgment on her.

Shyla moved abruptly, her body shifting in my direction. As our gazes locked, I could've sworn I'd felt my heart skip a beat.

She blinked a few times before realizing where she was and why I was in bed with her. It had to have been strange for her. When I opened my eyes, I was astounded as well.

"Good morning," she said weakly. Her voice was silvery and soothing to the ears.

"Good morning," I said with a smile.

"How long have you been awake?"
Shyla inquired.

"I'm guessing ten minutes," I said.

"Have you been watching me since?" she asked, a sheepish grin creeping up on her lips.

I laughed as I realized I'd been caught.

"How can I not?" I said. "How can I not look at the most beautiful woman who is laying right beside me?"

She smiled broadly before planting a gentle kiss on my cheek. I was flattered, but I was expecting more than a peck on the cheek.

"What time it is?" As she sat up, she inquired. When she'd sat up, I could see the hoodie she was wearing, which was mine. She must have taken it from my wardrobe after I'd fallen asleep.

I rolled over to my night table, which I'd place my phone on every night.

"12:03," I replied.

I could hear her mumbling something under her breath, but it wasn't loud enough to be audible to my ears.

She jumped out of bed and grabbed her phone.

"Is everything all right?" My brows sewed together in concern as I sat up.

"Yeah, yeah," she said, nodding. "I had planned to go out with Kayla today,"

My lips pursed. I had planned for us to spend the morning together. Even though it wasn't exactly morning. We'd slept for half of the day.

"Okay. But are you coming to my game?" I wondered.

If she wanted to hang out with Kayla, she could at least come to my game. I'm going to need my lucky charm there.