Chapter 6: Gotta Go Dash

Start from the beginning

Later, I'm standing in the middle of the forest with my mother as she steps up to me and hands me a glass plate which confused me for a second and while I was staring down at it, my mother took this opportunity to quickly disappear.

Young (Y/N): Why am I holding a plate?

(M/N): This!!

She then comes out of nowhere and hits me with a wooden staff and quickly disappears in another direction to just reappear again swiftly to just whack me again as she kept doing this several times as I let out painful grunts with each hit on me until she finally lands in front of me and uses the staff to break the plate which made my mouth hang open for a second before I glare back at her.

Young (Y/N): That wasn't fair!

She then quickly leg sweeps me making me fall on my butt before she points the staff at my face with a smirk.

(M/N): Was "that" fair~?

Young (Y/N): No!

(M/N): Did I win~?

Young (Y/N): *deadpans* I see your point. . .

(M/N): It's a test for your reflexes. So this way you will be able to block or dodge incoming attacks. That can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

I get a serious look on my face as I nod before getting back up on my feet so that I can try this again, but a little bit more prepared. She's not going to just up and tell me what I'm doing which is part of all of this practice.

I'm then seen in a fighting stance as my mother holds out a cupcake for me which makes me raise an eyebrow in confusion as I look back up at her.

(M/N): Go ahead. Take it from me.

I kind of saw through this as I try to snatch it away, but my mother anticipated this as she threw the cupcake up into the air and it landed on her head which shocked me as I try to go for it again, but my mother also saw this as she ducked and grabbed the cupcake behind her back. She was smirking the entire time as this was obviously to test my speed and swiftness.

I'm then seen trying to do push ups on the ground, but that wasn't all. . . apparently my mother had set a bunch of red, hot stones below my torso area, so that I won't try and hit the ground. It was nerve racking as I was pretty weak on just doing this kind of push up in general, but I wasn't about to get my whole body burned either.

Now I'm stepping on my tippy toes on one foot over a single rock in the middle of the lake that I was swimming in a minute ago as I'm now being tested on my balance. I certainly was struggling with this a lot as I was just trying my best to not even fall, and it was already hard to not even move a muscle. My mother was right beside me just doing a pose flawlessly on her one foot and the tip of her toes.

I'm now being tested on my stealth skills as I'm in the middle of the forest again rolling from tree to tree and hiding myself as best as I can, so that I'm not spotted by my mother. I look around with huge caution until I peek behind a tree to see a lonely cupcake on a plate that my mother told me that she would lay out for me. Seeing how no one was around, I rolled out of my hiding spot and looked around with a smirk as I still didn't see anyone in sight.

Before I tried to grab the cupcake. . . little did I know that my mother was instantly right behind slowly swinging back her staff behind her head with an evil looking fanged smile while her eyes were shadowed.

When I attempt to grab the cupcake. . . she instantly swats me on my backside which made me yell out in extreme pain.

Young (Y/N): YOW!!