Chapter 2: The Crystalling - Part 2

Previously on MLP FiM: The Hero of Equestria. . .

Twilight Sparkle and (Y/N) (L/N) have officially decided to take Starlight Glimmer in as their new pupil and teach her the aspects of friendship and protecting her friends and family. During their time of getting started, Twilight has decided that Starlight's first lesson should be to reunite her with Starlight's old friend who she lost in her childhood, Sunburst. Starlight doesn't have even the slightest enthusiasm of seeing her friend again due to her actions in between their separation. At the Crystal Empire, that was holding a new royal Crystalling for the prince and princess' baby, Spike and Starlight decide to go and see Sunburst while the rest of the gang go to see the foal and attend the Crystalling. It is revealed that Shining Armor and Princess Cadance's newborn foal is an alicorn which is a feature that Equestria hasn't seen since (Y/N) has been born. Organizing the Crystalling and handling proved to be quite the task for the ponies, but it gets even worse as the foal accidentally shatters the Crystal Heart into pieces with it's extraordinary power. Now the Crystal Empire is in danger of being flooded by a dark snowstorm and even (V/N) has gained some of his power back. Will the Mane 7 and their allies put a stop to this and get the Crystal Heart back in its place in time before the snowstorm and (V/N) gets them first?

Now back to where we left off. . .

Starlight Glimmer's P.O.V.

I'm certain you all pretty much know me by now as somepony who overstepped boundaries. I conquered a village due to my incredibly ridiculous philosophy that everypony should be equal, and then I took it a step further by trying to stop and destroy two heroes' friendships right in front of them. I won't lie that. . . hatred and revenge consumed me for the time being, and I don't know why I let myself reach that point. I know it's ridiculous that I basically did all of that because I lost my best friend a long time ago, but truthfully. . . there's a whole lot that I left out when I told (Y/N) and Twilight. . . Wait? You. . . want to hear my story? Even after everything that I've done? Well. . . I guess I can explain more details of what life was like for me until today.

Equestria, nearly two decades ago. . .

The place where I used to live in Equestria was a small little town called Sire's Hollow. I'll admit that it is a nice little town for ponies of all ages to live in. It's a small suburban town just like Ponyville with places to read, eat, sleep, it's got it all. My old home can also be quite the big deal sometimes due to how studious and smart we are as well. But that's exactly the thing, I was amongst one of those ponies wanting to learn as a foal. . . but I was probably the most introverted of them all at the time. That is. . . until I met Sunburst.

I'm seen walking across town as a filly with my father, Firelight, who by the way loves to pamper me like crazy. . . One of the reasons I even try to avoid home now. . . but back on topic. It was just another boring day for me with my father as he was taking me to the library so that we can snag some more history books and there I was walking with him feeling as apathetic as any young school filly would be. I then stop and look over to the side and see a couple of foals playing over by the fountain looking so happy with each other. It all just made me let out a sad sigh at seeing such good friends get along with each other, but I didn't have one.

Firelight: Starlight, sweet pea! Over here!

Young Starlight Glimmer: *sighs* Coming dad. . .

I reluctantly trotted over towards my father as he was already waiting for me at the front of the library.

Firelight: Somethin' got you distracted? It seemed like something got your attention for a moment back there.