Chapter 6: Gotta Go Dash

Start from the beginning

I take off my shirt before diving inside of the lake which my mother didn't even need to open her eyes to notice as she just sighs while shaking her head.

(M/N): (Y/N). . . I did not bring you all the way up here so that you can cool yourself off. . . *smirks* And you're swimming in a lake full of leeches.

I scream in terror before I instantly fly out of the lake and rush back to hug my mother tightly while shivering in extreme fear. She giggles from my reaction before looking down at me mischievously.

(M/N): Kidding~

Hearing this made me wide-eyed before I glared back up at my mother while puffing my cheeks as she only said that to get me out of the lake and get a reaction out of me. I let go of her before standing back up on both of my feet as she does the same thing as well.

(M/N): Now the real reason I brought you up here is not just so that we can get away from somewhere that you'll be seen. . . but also to show you the birthplace. . . of where you'll be learning to become what you've always wanted to be. . . a hero.

This shocked me as my mother just revealed to me that she actually brought me up here to train me. . . Hearing those words, I was honestly at a loss for words in general as this is something that I've been wanting ever since I was young. For my mother to train me into becoming a fighter that is skilled in protecting others.

Young (Y/N): Awwwwesooome~ Wh-When do we start?! I want to get started right away!

(M/N): Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold your horses, tiger cub. Don't get ahead of yourself here. You gotta practice. And I mean PRACTICE. It takes more than just punching and kicking to become a hero.

Young (Y/N): But I don't have time for basics! I want to learn the good stuff now!

I said this eagerly with stars in my eyes. My mother rolls her eyes slightly annoyed before she smirks down at me while crossing her arms.

(M/N): Okay, if you insist.

Her smirks looked very devious though which confused me, but little did I know that saying that I wanted to learn more than basics, I was biting off more than I can chew.

(M/N): Prepare to defend against a spinning back kick!!

However, she did something completely different as she tackled me straight to the ground offscreen as fighting grunts from me could be heard as I kept yelling out in pain from each impact that was made onto me. After a quick second, I was seen on the ground laying on my belly with my arm twisted and locked into my mother's grip. She was even using one foot to keep my entire body down. I was shivering and whimpering before looking back up at her.

Young (Y/N): Ow!! That wasn't a spinning back kick!

(M/N): *chuckles* No, but you "thought" it would be~ And that's why we start with the basics~

I groan from this as it looks like that this is going to take a lot longer than I originally wanted it to take.

The training process was. . . harder than many people would expect when you have a goddess-like mother by your side. She wasn't kidding when she said that she wouldn't go easy on me. I am currently shirtless and hanging upside down from a tree branch, several feet up into the air as I was trying to curl myself up to do crunching upside down while my mother was sitting on the branch beside me watching me. I was grunting with huge effort with sweat rolling down my face with each crunch that I do.

I stopped for a brief second as I was pretty tired already. . . but not before I heard my mother yawn as I looked up at her to see her not paying attention to me and she was even eating a cupcake. I growl in anger from this before I try to increase the pace of my exercise. However, this didn't help as I felt myself slipping from the branch as I nearly fell off and thought that I was going to hit my head on the ground, but my mother, without even looking, grabbed my ankle to prevent me from falling.