Chapter 5: No Second Prances

Start from the beginning

Some of the others looked at each other in confusion from this claim before Starlight continued.

Starlight Glimmer: Ever since I removed my own Cutie Mark, I already knew I had a sense of accomplishment and talent. . .I don't have to be better than anypony else!

Party Favor: How. . .how is that a talent or an accomplishment?

Starlight Glimmer: Because then nopony feels inferior to me! I just look like a normal unicorn pony.

Sugar Belle: But. . .isn't that kind of demeaning? It's like removing all the parts of what make you special.

Starlight Glimmer: That's exactly my point here! *sigh* Well, since you guys seem to love them so much, what do Cutie Marks mean for you? For any of you?

That question was met with confused glances between my friends.

Night Glider: Uhh. . . that you're good at what it represents?

Starlight Glimmer: No! It means that anyone who was ever close to you before will suddenly judge you. And if that somehow isn't the case, they'll just up and leave you forever for no reason.

Sugar Belle: But. . . that doesn't sound like any of us. . . I mean I'm good at making pies and pastries.

Party Favor: I'm talented at making party decorations.

Double Diamond: When we met Starlight, you immediately could tell that I was good at skiing.

Night Glider: And I'm pretty good when it comes to flying especially in the dark.

Sugar Belle: I don't see how knowing that could tear any of us apart from each other.

They all smiled at each other, and I would've too if I saw what they saw, but. . .I didn't, so of course I was annoyed from all of this talk about each of their special talents. I was disgusted, but I knew that I had to play this out patiently. I internally took a deep breath before giving out a smile myself as I stood up on all four of my hooves.

Starlight Glimmer: Well. . . if that is indeed what you all think, then I suppose that I can't argue with how different you all see yourselves.

However, the frown that I formerly had on my face quickly returned.

Starlight Glimmer: But I'm warning all of you. . . One day, those worthless symbols will spell out the end for your friendships. Though, I can't be the judge of that, but it might be best to let fate decide that for you instead.

I then let out a fake yawn before walking over towards my tent to try as a means to convince them that I was ready to go to sleep. As I closed myself in, the others looked after me for a bit before looking back towards each other with conflicted looks.

Night Glider: It's kind of strange that somepony like Starlight of all ponies would want to just not be talented at anything, am I right?

Sugar Belle: Yes, but as strange as it may sound, she makes a valid point. We can't tell her to keep or get rid of her talents. It's completely her decision if she doesn't want a Cutie Mark.

Party Favor: Speaking of them, have. . . you guys ever seen a Cutie Mark like that? Kinda. . . creepy, don't you think?

He asked, shuddering a little afterwards.

Double Diamond: Well. . .I won't lie, I did think it was a little weird. I've never seen something like that before.

Sugar Belle: Me neither. I know you remain a Blank Flank until you discover your talents, but I never knew it was possible that you could sort of. . . remove it.