Drunken Confessions

Start from the beginning

He leaned his head back against the wall. Wednesday thought she heard him giggle a bit.

Erix Fallon was disturbing in truth. Maybe this is why people truly lie.

"I'm going to get you some water." She stood from her seat. "Stay put."

"You got it, chief!"

Unsure of whether he would actually listen in his intoxicated state she turned to her desk.

"Thing," she said. He climbed up on top of a book. "Watch him."

Thing nodded. Wednesday nodded back and left to get a cup.

When she returned she found Erix, who now had his boots off, lying on his back and staring at the ceiling. Thing tapped him on the shoulder and he looked over at her.

"Hi." he muttered.

"Can you sit up?" she asked.

Erix nodded and pushed himself up, most likely leaning most of his weight on the headboard. She handed him the cup of water and sat down next to him.

When Erix said he hated water, she didn't think drinking water fell under that as well. He kept taking tentative sips like it was a hot drink that could burn him any minute or acid that might destroy him from the inside if he wasn't careful.

Once it was half empty he held the cup in his hands and just stared at it. He was silent and then he started crying. Wednesday jolted.

She may have calmed down Enid but that wasn't really intentional. Besides what would calm down Erix?

He buried his face in his hands. "Hell I'm such a fucking mess. No wonder it's like this."

What did that mean?

"Erix. What are you talking about?"

"Just the fact that I'm an impulsive idiot who can't do anything right that's it! Demon prince my ass..."

"Demon prince? You're really a demon."

"Wends I lie about a lot of things but I don't lie about my family. Not to the people here at least."

"I should have realized."

Everything made so much more sense, how he hated water and the fire during the Poe Cup...

"Look, just don't drink from that." He pointed at the bottle. "It's... not for human consumption to put it mildly. Just leave it for me to dispose of later. Jesus, where did I even get it?"

"What would happen if I drank it?" She couldn't help but ask.

"Your blood would turn to fire and your bones to sulfur." He said bluntly. "Only after turning into a hideous monster that is."

"Can I ask you a few questions?"

"Can it wait 'til morning?"

Looking at him Wednesday nodded despite her curiosity. He looked tired and worn out but more genuine than before. More truthful possibly.

"You can stay here for the night."

"No, I don't wanna intrude—"

"That ship sailed when you laid down on my bed." She pushed him back down. "Besides I'm not sure you're sober enough to get back to your dorm unseen."

"Thanks Wends." He laid down and went back to staring at the ceiling.

There really was more to Erix Fallon than meets the eye.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Waking up to her bubbly roommate shaking her incessantly was never on Wednesday's to do list but especially not after taking care of a drunk demon the night before.