4 Difficult moments

With trembling hands she grabbed the letter.  She began to read and analyze it while her breath hitched.

"Gru, that's my father's handwriting... And I swear the letter wasn't there the last time I came back, which was a year ago."  Lucy said with her trembling voice.

"Wait... can't that mean they're alive?"

"They must be somewhere... How could they possibly have been alive all this time and I've lived so quietly!? I've thought all my life that they had passed away and now there's a slim chance that they're still around. .." Lucy replied with a broken voice.  A lump in her throat had formed.

The two returned to the house.  Gru did not decide to speak on the way when he realized that Lucy was quite overwhelmed.  They arrived at the house to find a note that Dru had taken the girls to the park.  Gru went to leave the new evidence on the desk and Lucy just sat on the sofa, exhausted.  Gru walked over to her and sat next to her.

"What's the matter, honey?"  She asked her as she watched as Lucy stared off at the ground.

"I just have a headache... I think I'm overthinking this too much. My stomach even hurts."  She answered as she put her right hand on her head.

"You shouldn't worry anymore. Together we will find the solution to this."  He said as he placed his hands on top of Lucy's left hand.

"I don't want you to worry about it anymore. I can go everywhere by myself, someone has to take care of the girls, we can't leave Dru in charge all the time. Don't worry about me…"
Her redhead just dropped her head onto Gru's shoulder.

"Okay... but you know you can count on me for everything. And please, always go with a minion in case something happens. No going at night."

Gru hugged Lucy and realizing her sad lost look, he moved away from her a little to place his lips on Lucy's.  After a warm kiss, the redhead decided to return to Gru's arms for a while.

Since that day, Lucy spent most of her time investigating the places marked by the codes, matching the clues, and she couldn't stop thinking about all that.  At work, she began to get a little distracted on missions, although thanks to Gru and other agents, they managed to capture most of the villains.  Lucy's biggest problem was that she didn't sleep well, every time her head was filled with more worries about that great mystery.  "What happened to my parents?"  The following week she began to stop eating and obsess over the case.  She no longer wanted anything, just to find out what happened.  Gru started to worry, she had to hide that from the girls and he tried to help her but she didn't want help.  Gru had to force her to eat even if she didn't want to, he was noticing how her spirits were getting worse and even her state of health was getting worse with headaches.  She went out to a new location almost every day, they were distributed throughout the municipality and she always went out accompanied by Kevin, Dave and some other minion but she returned home disappointed for not finding anything.
Gru tried one day to sit down with her to talk that she should rest but she didn't want to listen.
Things got even worse when the following week she started getting stress fatigue and started missing missions she recruited on.  Gru had to do the missions alongside other agents he didn't get along with.  The girls began to worry when they noticed that Lucy was starting to move away from Gru.  He didn't want to make things worse, he worried about his wife but she ignored him, she was still addicted.  A week passed, a week in which Lucy didn't sleep a wink, she missed some meals, she barely wanted to talk and she would get up only to vomit.  Things couldn't go on like this and Gru wanted to stop it.

Gru had come back from a mission.  It was 10 pm at night and she went to the girls' room, who were playing, drawing and Margo with her mobile.  Gru put them to bed until Agnes looked sad at Gru.

"Are you and Lucy getting a divorce?"  The smallest of the sisters asked as she squeezed Lucky into her arms.

"Honey, that's never going to happen. Lucy is just too busy and overwhelmed with something." 

"She Well, I don't know if she's upset with us or something because she's avoided talking to us."  Commented Edith.

"Edith, don't say that. She doesn't have a problem with us, she has a problem with herself."  Gru commented a little serious looking at Edith.  "Everything will be fine girls, I'll talk to her now."

Gru kissed each of the girls goodnight and went to her room.  There was Lucy, sitting on the edge of the bed with a lost face.  Gru came over and sat next to you.

"Lucy, can I talk to you?"  He asked turning his gaze from her to analyze her.  It hurt to see Lucy like that, with dark circles under her eyes, without her typical bun, thinner than normal and with nausea and headache most of the time.

"Tell me what you want."  Said the redhead with a dull tone of voice.

"I need you to stop this. Rest. It hurts me to see you like this and the girls the same way. You can't go on like this."  He told her quite worried.

"Do you really want me to drop this after two and a half weeks? Don't think I'm just going to drop this all out of nowhere."  She said a little annoyed looking seriously at Gru.

"Honey, you must do it for yourself, for your health, and for the girls. This has already gone too far!"  Gru exclaimed as he got up to face Lucy.

"Oh yeah, and you want me to let my parents die when they could be anywhere alive??"  She said annoyed getting up to be at the level of her husband.

"It's not that, you are harming your own health. Would they like to see you like this?"  Gru told her as he placed one of her hands on the redhead's cheek.

"Oh, as always, the problem is mine, isn't that what you told the girls?"  She said removing Gru's hand from her cheek, her breath began to hitch.

"I just need you to calm down, please!!!"   Gru begged.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Put yourself in my place first."  She yelled quite upset, her hands turned into fists that contained anger.  Tears ran down her cheeks.

"Seriously, look how you're doing Lucy! You've lost your mind with all this!"  Gru said worried.

"To everyone I will always be CRAZY! It's just that everything always...-" Lucy's voice began to trail off as she collapsed.  Gru quickly grabbed her in his arms very worried.
Lucy had fainted.