Chapter 8 - The Ceremony

Start from the beginning

The rest of the pack erupted in excitement and applause, Jason wasn't used to this amount of praise and recognition so he was pretty embarrassed, Kaya took notice and hugged him.

Kaya: Don't worry honey, I'll be here every step of the way.

She says as she nuzzles her muzzle under his chin.

Jason: Thank you, honey, always know I will be by your side. I love you so much.

He said planting a kiss on her forehead. The two then snuggled together and continued to enjoy the ceremony.

Timeskip brought to you by a very tired Carter (idk why I'm so tired right now, God help me)

It was a little past 1 in the morning and everyone went into their respective living areas to sleep, Jason was inside Kaya's own den, both cuddling on her bed. Aponivi and Rofl were in their room cuddling together, Kotori on the other hand, finally got lucky and is seen still hanging out with the anthro girl from before now known as Una. Both are still chatting about their evening and his experience with Jason. 

Una: So that human gave you that bow as a gift? 

She said pointing to the bow near Kotori's bed. 

Kotori: Yup! He even said he handmade the bow, and got the best string he could get to use on it. I have no idea what it's made of but it feels strong.

He says as he grabs his bow and plays with the string. 

Una: That's really interesting! The material used is unique, to be honest. I've never seen anything like it before!

Kotori hands the bow to her to let her inspect it.

Kotori: I don't know how he sources the material for it but it was really nice of him to take the time to make us our gifts, even if some of the parts had to be "outsourced" whatever that means.

He said as he lay on the ground sideways, observing the woman inspecting his bow, after she finished looking at it, she returned it back to him, and he returned to its original location by his bed. 

Una: I remember you guys leaving for his home in a weird loud machine, what is that thing?

She asked, referring to the Defender he rode in. 

Kotori: I'm not sure myself entirely, but from what he told me, they call it the 'Defender' it's just the name of the model of it, turns out they make more than just that, and the people who made it make different versions of it for different uses. Other people have their own ways in using it, like what Jason uses it for. 

He explained to her, she was just confused and still asked more questions regarding it.

Una: Do you know how it is powered? The thing was loud.

She asked, Kotori didn't know much about how it is powered but he knew what powers it.

Kotori: From what he said, it uses a contraption called an 'engine' turns out there is more than one type of engine that is used to power different things. I don't know how it works but he said there are other methods of powering it. He actually has two larger versions of the defender that his people call 'cars'. 

He said to her, the last part got her even more intrigued, Kotori could see the sparkle in her eyes.

Una: OOO! Tell me more! 

She said even more intrigued, she then got closer to him. 

Kotori and Una kept talking and talking until Una started to yawn pretty badly, Kotori followed suit and yawned with her, they then decided to go to bed, and Kotori studdered in asking if she would like to stay in his den. She was a little embarrassed at first but she accepted. Kotori, being a gentleman, slept on the floor as Una slept on his bed. The two said goodnight and went to sleep. The rest of the cave was now plunged into silence, only the outside forest was thriving with life.

=================

Hello there! Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to continue off the Christmas special, its part of the story so why shouldn't it be? lol. I go back to college Sunday afternoon and my classes now occur on Fridays, so I'll be coming home late afternoons on Fridays. I won't have any Fridays off for myself much anymore and I will likely be getting a weekend job again so expect chapters to come out slowly. I don't ever plan on abandoning any of my other stories, I only started them to keep my brain active in thinking of ideas, which I should write down so I don't forget them when I can't actually write the. Anyways, as always, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, It would be really helpful if you voted for this and a follow would be cool if you want to stay updated on my dumbass stories. Again thank you for reading and I'll see ya in the next one!