"Come." Tsa'tvayi followed after Neteyam, her eyes on the boy as he walked thorough the net and kept his steps firm. A small smile pulled at her lips as she noted his quick improvement. They walked silently, a cool breeze sweeping back his braids, her own tied firmly atop her head.

Their steps were synchronized, a deep sense of peace filling Tsa'tvayi. She could feel Neteyam throwing her quick glances as they walked, as if wanting to speak but unable to bring himself to. She didn't question him, instead waiting until her felt comfortable enough to continue.

"You-" he sighed lightly and scratched at his scalp before dropping his arm. "You live by yourself?"

Tsa'tvayi could sense that wasn't what he intended to say, but left it alone and instead nodded. "Yes, for about five years now." It had taken a lot of work to convince Tsahik that she would be alright living on her own, the older woman paying her daily visits for the entirety of the first year.

Neteyam let out a small whine at her words, his tail whipping furiously. "Five years?" The words were strangled as they left is throat, Tsa'tvayi casting him a concerned look.

"Are you alright, Neteyam?" His ears were pulled back and Tsa'tvayi could see an almost concerning amount of fang as he grumbled under his breath.

"Outstanding," he huffed out, Tsa'tvayi blinking back at him.

"You are my age?" He asked, "nineteen?"

Tsa'tvayi nodded in conformation, "That's right. Tsahik is a bit upset that I have taken so long to find a mate, she believes it is time and wants me to meet the warriors." She let out a quiet laugh. "As if I don't know them all."

Neteyam narrowed his eyes at her words and hummed. "What happened to your parents? They do not live?" He asked softly, her words ignored.

She shook her head, "They live, their pod is on the other side of the village." Tsa'tvayi waved a hand. "Near Olo'eyktan and Tsahik."

Whenever she wanted to visit their home, she preferred to go through the water in an attempt to avoid her mother's scorn. It had been years since she had been casted out, but her mother's hate always seemed fresh.

A moment of silence settled around them as they neared her pod, their pace slow. "Can I ask why you don't live with them?"

Neteyam's voice was low, dangerous almost, but Tsa'tvayi could hear the underlying concern.

Tsa'tvayi smiled bitterly, "It is not a sensitive topic, the entire village is aware." She paused before scratching her neck. "I was meant mate Ao'nung, our families had settled that idea once I was born a girl. It did not go over well when we announced disinterest in each other and Tsahik decided to allow her son to choose his mate."

Neteyam bristled besides her. "That is all? You were casted out for not mating the Olo'eyktan's son?"

She shrugged in response. Tsa'tvayi was aware of how little sense it made, but she had long since accepted the fact, her days calm as she escaped the scorn of her parents. They had no other children, Tsa'tvayi not worried about a sibling under their roof. She was at peace with her independence.

They reached her pod slower than what it would have taken her alone, the pair maintaining a slow walk as they breathed in the night air. Tsa'tvayi hopped up the stairs to her house, her muscles already feeling a lot better, and turned to him.

"I wish to thank you."

Neteyam hissed softly at her, "There is nothing to be thankful for." He scowled. "You should have said you were injured."

Tsa'tvayi rolled her eyes in response. "It is nothing," she repeated for what felt like the millionth time that day. "Truly, I have had worse."

He huffed in response and turned on his heel. "If you do not arrive early at the pod, I will come find you." Neteyam threw her a soft glare over his shoulder as he began the short walk back to his family's home. "It isn't nothing, stop saying that."