Chapter 8*

Chapter 8* Hell of mind

oOoOoOo

He was dreaming again. Dreaming of her. Dreaming of everything and yet nothing at all.

As his eyes fell shut, Peter wandered into another dimension. Another world that was so utterly his and yet out of his reach to grad. He couldn't work it, couldn't direct it. Neither could he grab it nor end it all the way. It was like prison. His very personalized one. Living hell. Or at least mental hell.

As the darkness waved into dim light, Peter was able to make out some lines. It took him a couple of seconds to get a full picture but when he did he found himself in an empty room. Almost like an abandoned class room. In Hogwarts. And he knew this room. He knew it so very well. Because the only thing in it beside himself was a mirror.

He had found himself in front of the Mirror of Erised more times than he'd like to admit. Peter had always liked to see himself with the things he'd like to have but never got to in this mirror. After the boys had found it through the marauders map Peter would sneak there late at night when nobody was watching. When the terrors were ripping through his night. He would tiptoe through the corridors into this one room. Sitting in front of the mirror for hours, the vision of everything that could be or could have been filled his senses. A dream. And a living nightmare all at once.

However, this was not the Mirror of Erised. The shape was the same. And the ornaments all around it were too. But the frame was jet black. With a shine around it. A dust that seemed ever so magic. It felt dark. Dangerous. And scaring in every way. Yet Peter stepped in front of it. He didn't expect to see his normal vision of deepest longings as this could not be the Mirror of Erised. Still, what he saw shocked him.

Because as he stepped in front of the mirror, right in front, he saw himself. Only him. Just the way he was standing in front of it. In his pajama pants that sat low on his hips, dark blue slippers and a plain white shirt. His hair messy on his head and the dark circles under his eyes faded. He saw himself just like he was that second.

But as he lifted his hand in order to check, his reflection did not. The vision of himself dint raise his hand. It stayed just where it was. And when Peter lowered it again his reflection still didn't move. But as some moments of silence passed Peter stepped back in frightened as a slow and wide smile rose on the version he saw. It was a scary smile. Evil. Proud. Ugly. It was not his smile.

"Hello there." It spoke. With a voice just like his own yet utterly different. It was soft but not truly. It didn't sound right. "Hello, Peter."

Peter didn't dare say anything. He was too much in shock of what was happening. He wouldn't have known what to say either. Because he had no fucking idea of what was going on.