Chapter 21: But I Loved Freedom More

Start from the beginning

"Would you prefer Boring Fiore? Whipped Fiore? Because I think it's clear to everyone involved, I am Fiore 1."

"How about I show you just who—"

"No!" Klaus positioned himself in between the Fiores, certain that a battle between the two would be nothing short of catastrophic. "I am sure you are both strong, no need for any displays."

"Fine." His Fiore said. "I'll accept Fiore 2. Perhaps this will teach Fiore 1 some manners. Maybe she'll even turn away from her petulant ways."

"I'm not in the habit of taking lessons from my lessers." Fiore 1 replied with a smirk before turning her attention to him. "Speaking of, hello Klaus Mikaelson."

"Fiore 1, nice to meet you." Klaus managed to say even as her eyes raked over every inch of his body with undisguised lust.

"I bet..." She ran her hand across his cheek, travelling down his neck and taking care to relish the feel of his chest beneath her fingers. "I always wondered if you tasted as good as you look, apparently my timeline counterparts would confirm that."

Klaus knew he barely handled having one Fiore but the thought of two was—

"Hey!" Freya said, drawing the attention back to the many others present. "We're still here."

"You are more than welcome to join too pregnant Freya." Fiore 1 said before examining the others. "In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to any of you."

"Well as thrilling as an orgy with my brothers sound, I'm more interested in dealing with your demon sister."

"Pity." Fiore 1 said with a shrug. "Though I'm not sure how you plan to deal with Anastasia. She kept your Fiore under lock and key for two years."

"I suppose you would have fared better." Fiore 2 said with a roll of her eyes.

"With ease. Anastasia and I get along quite well." Fiore replied. "I'm quite curious about why she doesn't like you."

All eyes turned to Fiore 2 who looked at them with incredulity, "Because of you lot! Obviously."

"That is true, she didn't particularly enjoy the Mikaelsons in my timeline either." Fiore 1 added.

"You know Anastasia quite well, yes?" Elijah asked of Fiore 1.

"Well of course, we're sisters."

"So how do we kill her?"

"Oh, impossible." Fiore 1 told them. "Anastasia is the embodiment of time, practically a God. To kill Anastasia would be to end the universe. All of them."

"There is always a way," Klaus said, refusing to give up.

"Anastasia has access to every timeline in existence since the dawn of time." Fiore 1 added. "Even if there was, she has no doubt destroyed it. She has been working towards The Convergence for longer than you or I could comprehend. If she intends for it to take place, it will."

"But—"

"Klaus, you had planned the breaking of your curse for over a thousand years. You had thought of every possible scenario and knew how to overcome them. Could anything have stopped you?"

"...No."

"Now imagine if you had millions of eternities." Fiore 1 told them. "This is who you are up against. There is no defeating Anastasia, only dealing with the fallout."

"That isn't exactly true." Elijah interjected. "Klaus had other chances to break his curse, but didn't."

"And what stopped him?" Hayley asked.