Chapter 11: The Debut

A/N: Big big shouout to @diipbloo for making this amazing wonderful spectacular cover! I am literally ecstatic to finally be free of my crappy Wattpad Covers loool especially  for such an upgrade! Go check them out, you will not regret it!

~Klaus POV~

When Klaus walked into his bedroom, he was genuinely relieved to see Amelia there. Hayley had knocked some sense into him and now he knew he'd be a fool to give up what he had with Amelia in the name of a dream.

"You should know, I am genuinely happy to see you." He remarked.

"Well you should know, I hope you get eaten by bayou gators." She shot back.

And that was when Klaus realised that she was in the middle of hastily packing away her things. She was here to leave him.

"Amelia—"

"I don't want to hear it." She said with a shake of her head, pausing her getaway to face him with eyes red from crying but still able to pull off a fearsome glare. "I gave you everything, I did everything."

"I know."

"And all you repaid me with is doubt." She snapped. "I deserve better than you. I deserve more than you. I deserve to be with somebody who wants me."

"I want you!" He insisted.

"You want me like a dog wants a stick." Said Amelia with a bitter roll of her eyes. "It's fun when you're at the park, but nothing in comparison to the chew toy at home."

"That isn't true."

"Then why?" She asked him. "Why did I have to wait to be with you? Why did I have to wait so long for your daughter to know? Why blame me for her anger? Why be with me when you want to be with this woman that—for the last time—does not exist?"

"I don't."

"Could you be honest with me? for just once?" She pleaded.

"I let myself fall for this fantasy life." He confessed. "This Fiore, fake as she may be, I...she gave me a chance at having something with my daughter. A daughter I have wronged and hurt time and time again. But with Fiore, Grace and I had something that was just ours. Someone to love and talk about. She made us whole."

"Then how can I compete with that?" Amelia asked with tears in her eyes. Klaus didn't say anything and she laughed mirthlessly before returning to her packing.

"I don't want you to compete with her." He took her hand away from her suitcase and held onto it tightly. "There is nothing to compete with. She is nothing but a fairy-tale I used to put my daughter to sleep but no more. I will not let her come between us again. I love you, Amelia. And I promise that is real."

As Amelia gazed into his pure blue eyes, she wanted to believe his words to be true. She wanted to be the love of his life. Because he was the love of hers. So she had to believe him. Because who was she to say no to her one true love professing his all to her.

"No more Fiore?" She whispered.

"Never again."

His eyes were drifting to her lips and the same could be said for her. It was only a matter of seconds before Klaus pressed his lips to hers and she ran her fingers tightly through his hair as he kissed her. And they were at peace, once again on the same side as people in love should be. They might have even remained in their embrace for longer if not for—

"Guess I'm interrupting."

Klaus quickly jumped apart from Amelia at the sound of his daughter's voice. He made a poor attempt at wiping the lipstick off his face and smiled at her.