"What were you doing outside the reef anyway?" Y/N asked the boy in confusion.

"Your fucking brother wanted to go hunting with me outside the reef, then that bitch left me with his friends."

"Did you at least catch something?"

"Yeah."

"Was it a big fish?"

"Yeah."

"Alright cool." His quickly shifted up and down, meaning he chuckled at at Y/N's positivity.

Lo'ak's POV

"What was the point of that?" I asked.

"I thought it would have eased the tension and took if off your shoulders." Y/N laughed at me, hoping that I would laugh with her. She awkwardly slowed down her laughs as she realised I wasn't laughing. She started dabbing harder on my back. "I can't believe my stupid brother did that to you. He's normally not this mean. I don't know, he teased me as well for my white hair. I'm actually really surprised that you survived out there. There's like so many murdering species out there. You're so lucky to be ali-" I tried to cut her off, but every time I tried, she kept on talking. Y/N dabbed harder and quicker every word she said, she was on a rant. It hurt every time she used the cloth to clean the blood from my back, and I tried to deal with the pain, but it was too much.

Narrator's POV

"You're gonna be the death of me Y/N." Lo'ak turned his body around and pushed Y/N's arm away from him. "I can handle myself out there. I survived a fucking akula." He used his hand to point to the ocean, looking at Y/N annoyingly. Her eyes became full of fear and sadness at his gaze.

She closed the space between their bodies, Y/N wrapped her arms around Lo'ak and stuffed her face into his chest. "Sorry, Lo'ak, I was just scared for you, I haven't talked to you since yesterday." He slid his arms around her waist gently, and put his chin on the top of her head.

"I'm sorry Y/N."

The next sunrise went by quickly, and the children we're huddled up on a small splotch of sand near the shore. Lo'ak was explaining how he saw a Tulkun in the events before.

"No tulkun is ever alone." Y/N said, not believing him entirely.

"I'm telling you guys! This tulkun had a- a missing fin on the side, like it was a stump!" The Metkayina looked at each other worryingly.

"Payakan." Tsi'reya said.

"Whos Payakan?" Kiri asked.

"He was a tulkun who went rouge, he killed many other tulkun, and Na'vi, he is outcast." Roxto answered her.

"He didn't kill here, but far to the south." Aonung pointed out.

"No! Payakan is no murderer! He saved my life." Y/N cupped his arm with her hand, trying to tell him to calm down. He repeated her actions.

"You are very lucky Lo'ak." Y/N pulled away from him.

"I'm telling you guys, he saved my life. He's my friend." Lo'ak continued to defend Payakan.

Neteyam pushed himself off the tree he was leaning on. He walked over to Lo'ak and bent over to place his hands on Lo'ak's shoulders. "My baby bro, the mighty warrior who survived a killer tulkun and lived to tell the story."

"You guys aren't listening!" Lo'ak protested.

"No, Lo'ak, I'm listening!" Tuk said, but he didn't listen.

"Whatever. I'm leaving." Lo'ak stood up to go find Payakan. Y/N stood up to go after him before Neteyam grabbed her arm, he shook his head no. She didn't listen to him, Y/N called for Shelly and chased after Lo'ak, without him knowing.