ᴛᴡᴏ.

Narrator's POV
Lo'ak and Y/N became close friends in a matter of time. Ever since Y/N's request for a friendship between the two, they started hanging around each other more. The pair also seemed to relate to each other, because of the flaws they had that needed to be embraced.

It has almost been a week since the Sully family arrived at the village. The native Metkayina teenagers have been focusing on perfecting their breathing.

Tsi'reya and Aonung definitely noticed a close bond between Lo'ak and Y/N, and they would tease their sister about it. Y/N found her siblings annoying for rambling about it every so often, so she chose to ignore them every time they mentioned the friendship.

"Today we are going to be testing your breathing abilities. You will obtain the shell once dropped." Tsi'reya explained. "Neteyam, you're with Aonung, Roxto, with Kiri, Lo'ak, and Y/N, and I'll be with Tuk." She continued, giving Y/N a knowing glance when mentioning her.

Lo'ak and Y/N swam to a deep area of water which was deep enough for Lo'ak's level. "Alright Lo'ak, go and get it." Y/N commanded, flicking the shell into the water when he was off guard, making the challenge harder for the boy.

"Wha- I wasn't ready!" He whined.

"Whoops, better hurry up then." She didn't sympathise Lo'ak, because he wouldn't progress further if he wasn't pushed hard enough. He rolled his eyes at Y/N and obediently submerged underwater. After waiting about 30 seconds, Y/N flinched when the silence she was surrounded by was interrupted when Lo'ak gasped for air, flexing the shell he obtained. He sent Y/N a glare, which she didn't take seriously as she laughed.

"I hate you Y/N." He disclosed.

"Aww thats a bit mean, isn't it, Neteyam?" Y/N responded to his confession jokingly, involving Neteyam since he witnessed the light conflict between the young children. Y/N raised one of her arms up, closing all her fingers but one, and used it to re-enact a tear sliding down her face. To make it seem emotional, she pouted at Lo'ak.

"Yeah, Lo'ak, you have to think of other people's feelings as well." He sarcastically replied to, in a soft voice to make the sarcasm more believable. Lo'ak mocked his antics, using his voice as well. "Don't do that to me baby bro." Neteyam splashed water at Lo'ak, making the boy swim away.

"Maybe we should all get some rest, and besides, it's almost dinner time." Y/N saved Neteyam and herself from the awkward tension of Lo'ak setting off by calling everyone in.

Once they all reached the shore, Y/N felt the presence of her brother on the left.

"When are we planning your mating ceremony?" He sniggered at Y/N, Tsi'reya appearing on the other side of her.

A/N: snigger is a word, a synonym of laughing in a teasing way.

"Yeah! Make sure he doesn't take you away from your dear siblings!" She laughed at Y/N, walking backwards to face her. "We both love you dearly~" Tsi'reya slurred her words, grabbing Y/N's hands and shaking them as they walked. This made Y/N think that her sister was out of her mind.

"Are you sure about that, dear sister?" Aonung chuckled before speeding his pace up, leaving the girls to go to their Mauri Pod.

"I might consider joining the forest clan if you continue to do this to me."

During dinner, everyone had fish, like always. Aonung wasn't fond of the Omatikaya kids, so he forced the Metkayina teenagers to sit in their own group. This happened this whole week. Y/N didn't like the way Aonung teased the kids, and she didn't want them to think her mind was related to his, so today she chose to sit with the new Na'vi. As she gathered her food, she brushed past Aonung, who was expecting his sister to sit with the group, and walked over to the darker skinned children. She sat next to Neteyam as there was a free spot next to him.