(Death Maze) Chapter 50 The Bull of Heaven

Începe de la început

Thanatos: I get it. I'll do it. Anything for my dear sponsor.

Ishtar: Good.

Ishtar narrowed her eyes in apparent satisfaction before turning on her heel.

Ishtar: Take me somewhere where I'll be able to watch.

She and her attendant made their way back and out of the hall, followed shortly by the masked figure. Watching this, one of Thanatos's followers came up beside him.

Evilus: Wh-what should we do, Lord Thanatos? That creature woman gave us strict orders not to use it yet...

Thanatos: Guess we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Ishtar's been good to us, after all. If we upset her now, who knows what'll happen.

Remembering the beautiful goddess's fickle temper, Thanatos replied with a shrug before slowly smiling.

Thanatos: And honestly—I kinda wanna see it, too. Just how strong is this trump card of Enyo's, I wonder?

The robed follower shuddered and gulped at the god's dark smile. Thus his acolytes set about their task in a flurry of activity. Releasing the monster from the chains that bound it.

(Timeskip)

Revis: You fools! Is this nothing but a game to you...?!

Revis shouted indignantly from the pile of rubble. One corner of the room had been completely inundated with the broken remains of the maze wall. Piles upon piles of stone and adamantite lay strewn about, completely blocking off the way to Aiz and her companions.

PoH: That Thanatos has really done it this time.

It didn't take long for PoH and Revis to realize it was Thanatos and his crew who had released the monster, and the revelation brought with it considerable exasperation.

Revis: My voice isn't reaching it...Is Aria's wind blocking it?

Revis extended a hand in the direction the monster had chased Aiz's group before clenching into a fist.