UNDER THE MOONLIGHT

(AN - This part of the story will be completely fictional since I wrote it to add a little romance and bonding between the two lead characters)

*I recommend to read this part while listening to Meadow by Adrián Berenguer*

CHAEWON POV :

It's been a while since cheongsan stopped crying and he's currently resting his head on my shoulder, his hands never leaving mine. I am afraid how many more heartbreaks we have to witness before being rescued. I look at everyone, all of them are tired so am I, so even I take a nap shortly.

*************************************
I open my eyes not being to fall asleep peacefully after listening to daesu's snores. I look to my side but there's isn't cheongsan, then I saw him standing at the window and looking at the moon. He looks unbelievably pretty, the rays of the moonlight slightly falls  on his face which makes him look more attractive.

I know the look on his face, he has this type blank expression. I understood he was thinking about the current situation and also about his mom.

I slowly go towards him and stand next to him.
"Cheongsan what are you thinking about?"  I softly ask him as he continues to look at the moon outside.

"I wanted to survive because i needed to go and meet my mom, but knowing that she's a zombie out there and the fact that she's dead is killing me, now there's no reason for me to be alive" he says and I was about to comfort him but he continues speaking.

"Then I look at you chaewon, you are sleeping right next to me and for the first time your face looks peaceful. Then I made up my mind that I need to survive until I know that you will be at a safe place and I can die after that." He says, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Stop saying you'll die, I want us to survive together. I like you and do you think I'll be fine if you are not with me?" I ask him definitely not liking the thought of him being dead.

He grins a little, a very small one.

"Chaewon-ah can you promise me something?" He asks me and I question him what's that.

"No matter how much hard time you are going through, never hurt yourself and don't ever jump into that swimming pool, its dangerous" he says being very concerned about me.

I was wondering how did he knew it. Everytime I have a hard time with my dad I used to come near swimming pool and cry and I'm sure no one ever saw it.

**************************************
FLASHBACK
(2 YEARS BEFORE THE APOCALYPSE)

CHEONGSAN POV :

"How can onjo be so careless?" Ah shit, that dumb girl

"Where the heck did she leave her phone?" I groan and say to myself.

Earlier onjo has left her phone in the swimming room and that dumbass sent me to bring it and now I can't find her phone.

When I enter the swimming room, I found a person at the corner but I didn't bother much. I finally found onjo's phone and was about to head back, and that's when I hear someone's crying sounds.

Then I look at that girl crying from the corner, she was wantedly drowning herself and I don't know whether I should go help her or not. I take a closer look at that women's face, only to find she's Lee Chaewon. My longtime crush.

When I was about to go near her to help her then I hear chaewon sobbing harder and that's when I decided to give a alone time for herself.

        *END OF FLASHBACK*

**************************************
Continuation of chaewon's pov :

I question cheongsan that how did he knew about it.

"I knew it long ago chaewon but I didn't have the guts to comfort you so I always watched you from behind and tried to protect you as much as I can" he says slowly.

I smile at his words and couldn't be more thankful to him, he doesn't even have any slightest idea how much it means to me.

"Cheongsan-ah I'll be always thankful to you as well as to Mrs Lee. Your mom was the one to bring me food even though my mom couldn't, she's such a good person. I am sure she'll be in a good place once this is over." I say as he softly nods his head.

I have this crazy idea but I don't know whether I should do it or not but anyhow I'll give it a try.

"Cheongsan ah" I call him softly

He turns to face me.

"I like you.... so much"

I say as he continue to look at me, then I slowly move forward and plant a small kiss on his cheeks and I walk away to my seat instantly not wanting cheongsan to see my red tomato face.

AUTHOR'S POV :

For cheongsan, it felt like his world has stopped at the moment when chaewon kissed. He couldn't even process anything, all of this feels unreal.

Then somehow he makes his way to take a seat near chaewon, even though they had a very little romantic moment the fact that they were tired is no less.

So both of them slowly drift to sleep being next to each other.

Little did they knew suhyeok saw everything along with the little kiss that chaewon gave to cheongsan. Suhyeok along with namra are smiling sheeplessly watching their bestfriend's actions.

*************************************
My lovely readers thank you for 1k reads, I am beyond happpyyy this was my first time I've gotten such a number of reads, really this means a lot to me... Thank you and I'll continue to update the series soon... I love you babies ❤️😭