Chapter 1: Displaced

Start from the beginning

Soon the sailors on the control towers can make out the silhouettes of the approaching ships. What he sees sends chills down his spine. On the bridges of their ships Captain James, Captain Joseph, and Captain Eric stare eyes wide through their binoculars at the massive Japanese Battleship being followed by a large cruiser.

James then utters. "S-sir o-orders?!"

Joseph quickly replies. "James, Eric, stand down! Don't fire unless they fire upon us!"

All three American captains know that this could easily turn into a close range engagement. While they have the superior numbers and over all more firepower. The Japanese ships could still inflict major damage to them. This situation is also an aircraft carrier's nightmare. Montana and Kentucky would struggle to fight the Japanese ships and protect the carrier at the same time.

A-150's Bridge

Captain Ren Nami of the IJN A-150 is contemplating on what to do. A mere minute ago a large carrier and what appears to be two Iowa class battleships were spotted on an intercept course through the fog and were only 12km away. This is almost point blank range for battleships. To make matters worse the radio operator still could not get in contact with command. Quickly thinking Captain Ren concludes that since the American ships don't seem to have any escorts then they must be in a similar situation as them.

Captains Ren then orders. "Men stand down, most likely those American warships are lost like us. Raise a white flag. We're not surrendering, we're just letting them know we're not a threat."

"Sir, with all due respect, aren't our nations still at war?" His XO replies.

Without turning to his XO Ren answers. "Technically yes, however the war with the Sirens has taken priority and I see no reason to provoke an engagement with these Americans if we don't have too."

Quickly Captain Ren's orders are carried out and a white flag is raised aboard IJN A-150.

Montana's Bridge

Captain James spots the white flag and then reaches for his ships coms again.

"Joseph it looks like these Japanese don't want a fight. I can see a large white flag waving from the battleship's signal lanyard."

Joseph responds. "Signal to them that we are not hostile and that we would like to pull up along side them."

A-150's Bridge

Some of the men in the bridge notice Montana's signal light. Upon translating the message one of the sailors immediately goes to inform Captain Ren.

"Sir we are receiving a message from one of the American warships. They state that they are not hostile and request that we come to a stop so they can pull up along side our warship."

"Tell them we will grant their request. Helm have the ship come to a complete stop and inform the Yoshino to do so as well." The captain orders.

The mighty Japanese battleship and its lone escort slowly come to a stop. Soon USS Montana carefully pulls up along side IJN A-150. A long walkway is brought out and placed across the decks of the two armored titans. Some men on both sides have their rifles out in case things turn for the worse. Captain Ren Nami crosses the walkway and steps onto the deck of the Montana while Captain James Kent steps forward to greet him. Ren then introduces himself using accented English.