Well, Donna Knows

Steven and I left the water tower at 6 something. When we got back home, he parked the Vista Cruiser and stared at me. "Y'know how I talked about my feelings earlier like a girl?" He asked me. I nodded, "Yes, Steven, you talked about your feelings and turned into a total girl. Wanna go shopping sometime?" I mocked.

He playfully pushed my arm with his hand. "Well, don't expect it to happen again, tonight was a one and done freebie for talking about my feelings, since you ran away and all." He explained. I laughed. "I know, as long as I know how you feel about me and this, we're totally cool." I said.

He nodded. "Good." He looked at me like he wanted to kiss me. "Janie, I'd totally kiss you right now, but Kitty's in the kitchen, looking at us." I turned and looked out the car window. My mom was staring at Steven and I like we were a movie.

I shoved him playfully like he did to me, "Lets go you girl." I said, mocking him again. We got out of the car and opened the sliding door. "Red, the kids are back." She said to him through the kitchen door. "What did you two do tonight?" Kitty asked.

"We hung out, caught each other up on things." I said. "I'm so glad you two are still friends. I think it would of killed the both of you if you stopped talking." Kitty said. "Well, yeah, we're best friends." I said. She nodded.

"Is Eric home?" I asked. "No, he's with Donna." She said. I nodded and we went to the basement. No one was there so when Hyde sat down in his chair, I sat down in his lap. "What should we do this summer?" I asked him.

"I don't know man, we should see what everyone else is doing." Hyde said. I nodded. I kissed him and I heard footsteps of people walking down the stairs and talking. My eyes went wide as so did Hyde's.

He quickly threw me to the couch and I laughed. He then quickly sat back in his chair just in time as Eric and Donna came down the stairs. "So guys, what are we doing this summer?" I asked them.

As I said that, the basement door opened and in walked Fez. "Fez, what are you doing this summer?" I asked him. He shrugged and sat next to me on the couch. "I don't know Janie, but it's my first summer in America. What do you do during summer?" He asked.

"Get high, get laid, break a few laws, go to parties, throw some parties." Hyde said. "Sounds fun." Fez said. We nodded. "I just don't want this summer to be boring." I said. "Yeah, I don't know what we're gunna do though." Donna said.

Eventually, Jackie and Kelso showed up. "Do you guys have any ideas for what we could do this summer?" I asked them. "I wanna go shopping!" Jackie exclaimed. "I mean something we can do together." I said.

"Guys, I have a genius idea." Kelso said. "Oh this better be good." I laughed.

*****

Eric and I told our parents we were going to hang out with our friends. They made our curfew 10 because it was the summer, well Kitty did. Kelso has somehow convinced us all to go the water tower, where Steven and I were earlier.

He had green cans of paint, painting a giant pot leaf on the side of the water tower. "Kelso, it doesn't even look like a pot leaf, it looks like it's giving me the finger." I said as I walked over to him and took the paint from him and tried to fix it.

"I think it looks fine!" Kelso said. "Dude, Janie's right. It looks like a hand flipping the bird." Steven said. I started to fix his mistakes when he took the paint from me. "Kelso, just let me help you!" I said.

"No, I don't want your help." He said. "Holy hell are you childish!" I said, walking back over to Steven. Kelso moved his foot a weird way when I was going to leave and he tripped me. "Kelso!" I said as I lost my balance.

Before I knew it, I was falling off the water tower. "Way to go Kelso!" Eric said punching his arm. "Jesus, Janie are you okay?!" Steven asked me. I groaned. "Screw you Kelso." I said.

They all came down from the water tower and Steven helped me up. "Yeah, no, something's seriously broken guys." I said holding my arm with my other one and trying not to put pressure on my foot. "Way to go jackass!" Hyde said to Kelso.

"Guys we're not gunna get anywhere if we yell at each other, let's just go to the hospital and call Kitty when we get there." Eric said. Donna agreed. Steven told me to get on his back so I did. I couldn't walk and my arm was killing me.

*****

"Oh my god, what happened!" Kitty said as she entered the hospital. "She fell, and it's my fault. I really am sorry Janie." Kelso said. "I'd apologize later when I'm not in pain Kelso!"
I said pissed.

Kitty grabbed a wheel chair. "Here Steven, put her in the chair and I'll see if I can get her a room." She told him. Eventually she came back and took me to a room.

"Well Honey, it seems like you broke your arm and sprained your foot." My mom told me as she started wrapping my foot. "Thanks Mom." I said she nodded and she left to get stuff for my arm.

After she left, Steven came into the room. "How's my burnout?" He asked. "My foot is sprained and my arm is broken." I said. "All because Kelso wouldn't let you fix that damn pot leaf." He said. I nodded. "It could be worse though." I said. He nodded.

"You okay though?" He asked. I smiled. "I find it cute when you act all boyfriendy." I laughed. "I hate you." He said. "Steven, you and I both know that's not true." I said. He nodded. "I know." he smiled. "I'm gunna go see what the guy's are doing, I'll come back in a little bit." He said as he kissed me.

When he turned around, Donna was staring at us with wide eyes. "Dude, you can't say anything to anyone, okay man?" Hyde said. "Yeah, I respect that, but guyssss when did this happen?" She asked.

"The night I came back to point place." I said. She smiled. "You guys are like perfect for each other. I won't tell anyone, I'm happy for you guys." She said. "Donna come here." I told her.

She walked over to my bed and I used my opposite hand and held my pink out to her. "Promise you won't tell a soul, not even Eric." I said. "I said I wouldn't, but I promise not to tell anyone." She said as she locked her pinky with mine.

She then left and Steven and I stared at each other. "Well, Donna knows now." I said. "Yeah, yeah she does." He said, looking at me. "We can't let anyone else know." I said. He nodded. "We could go back to calling each other are last names." He said.

"Yeah, but won't that be weird?" I asked. He shrugged. "We gotta lay low Steven." I said. He nodded. "We will. Which is why I'm gunna go see the guys, and kiss you on the forehead. A best friend that's just a best friend and not a secret boyfriend would do that, right?" He asked.

I nodded. "Cool." He kissed me on the forehead and he left.

Donna knows now....crap, crap, crap.