We walk around the store hand-in-hand, Oli carrying the shopping basket in his free hand. We pick out some grapes and crackers and a couple different cheeses. We also pick up some free bread and things to put together some sandwiches. After grabbing a bottle of wine and some berries as well, we head to the checkouts and put our things through.

Oli carries all the bags back to the car despite my insistence on helping. He just hushes me with a quick kiss, smiling in that way that makes me turn into a pile of goo at his feet. Once the groceries are in the backseat, he opens my door for me to get into the passenger seat then rounds the car to drive us back to his place.

When we arrive and step inside, Oli sets the bags in the kitchen before I shoo him out of the room to get changed and pack his things for the beach. While he's gone, I start putting together our lunch, making some sandwiches and cutting them into triangles before putting them away in containers to take with us. I rinse a smaller bundle of the grapes we bought and pack them away too along with the berries.

By the time I'm finishing up with that, Oli walks back into the room with a cooler bag in his hand. He's now dressed in dark swimming shorts with a loose short sleeve button down that only has a couple buttons done up, leaving a delicious amount of his chest exposed to me. With his sunglasses on his head, his hair is pushed back a little as well. When he walks over to me, I lean up and kiss him hard to let him know just how much I like this outfit on him.

He helps me pack the food and wine away into the cooler bag with some ice packs before we head back out to his car. The drive to the beach isn't too long and it's spent listening to music mostly. We arrive at the beach a little after midday and make our way down onto the sand with our things. This time Oli does let me help reluctantly. He lays out a picnic blanket on a patch of sand that's away from the other people here. This beach is actually quite quiet today which is perfect.

Once we're sitting down on the blanket, we unpack our lunch and Oli pours us both a glass of wine into a couple of plastic win glasses he bought. He sits, leaning back against one hand, sipping his wine while I settle myself between his legs, resting back against his chest with my own glass. Looking up at him, he leans down to kiss me and I let him, reaching my free hand up to hold the back of his neck, deepening the kiss.

"I love you." I tell him for probably the millionth time in our lives. Every time I say it, I mean it more and more. I didn't think it was possible to love someone anymore than I love him, but I love him more with every day.

"I love you." He tells me, gazing at me with pure adoration in his eyes. Those same eyes that have watched me for so many years. The love I have for him is the same love I see in his expression and I know then that this is it. I know that no matter what we go through or what we face, that love that has kept throwing us together again and again all these years will get us through anything.

Later that night, after a long day of swimming and chatting and laughing and eating with oli at the beach, he drives me back to his place. I'm exhausted and Oli doesn't hesitate to carry me through the house to the bathroom where he helps me strip out of my clothes. I watch, eyes hooded as he undresses himself as well. We're both covered in sand, but that issue is soon resolved as we step into the shower. I lean against him chest, allowing him to wash us both, almost falling asleep as his fingers comb through my hair, washing it with his shampoo and conditioner.

When we're done, I smell just like him and the thought puts a big smile on face. He slips into a pair of sweatpants while I change into a t-shirt of his. I crawl into his bed, slipping under his sheets. The moment he slides in beside me, I'm moving on top of him, pushing myself as close as physically possible. He holds me delicately, hands brushing up and down my bare back beneath his top. I pepper kisses across his chest until I'm too tired to do so any longer. So I just rest my head against his chest, allowing myself to fall asleep in the comfort and safety of his arms. 

Hello wonderful readers! Long time no speak! 

I am so sorry for the long wait, there is a full update on my profile if you'd like to check that out. Long story short, there's a few factors that have made writing this chapter incredibly challenging, but here we are! 

There will only be a few more chapters for this story so if there's anything you'd like to see from these characters, please let me know!

Thank you so much for reading! I love you to the moon and back! Have a wonderful day! 

~ Pink Flamingo