A mocking laugh escaped Ao'nung. "Oh," he opened his arms, "Another four-fingered freak."

His friends circled the group like a pack of nalutsa, their hands tugging roughly at Lo'ak's hands and tail. Tsa'tvayi hissed again this time ,the sound was guttural and angry as she pulled Lo'ak closer to her.

"Leave us alone," Kiri commanded her eyes flicking nervously over the group. Tsa'tvayi could feel the girls hand pressed against her back and tensed as Ao'nung laughed.

"Baby tail," he mocked and attempted to reach around Tsa'tvayi, the girl snapping at his hand with her teeth, her fangs glinting under the sun.

Ao'nung narrowed his eyes, a cold glare on his face, "What are you doing, Tsa'tvayi?" He hissed.

Tsa'tvayi didn't respond, instead snarling in his direction again and tugging Lo'ak closer. As the group around them leaned closer, she noted Neteyam stalking furiously across the sand, a harsh glare on his face.

He shoved Ao'nung away, silence falling. "You heard what she said," he hissed and pressed a finger to Ao'nung's chest. "Leave them alone."

Tsa'tvayi tail whipped furiously behind her as one of Ao'nung's friends began speaking again before he was stopped.

"Smart choice." Neteyam took a step back. "And from now on," He pressed back even further, his tail flicking softly against Tsa'tvayi's stomach, "I need you to respect my family."

One of the boys let out a loud hiss, Tsa'tvayi back as Kiri stepped to stand besides her and stuck out her tongue. Tsa'tvayi felt a flash of amusement at the gesture and met the other girl's eyes with a small smirk.

Neteyam pressed his hand against Lo'ak's head, "Let's go." He ushered them to walk, Tsa'tvayi sticking close to Kiri.

She threw the younger girl a glance, "Are you okay?"

Kiri hummed in response, "Yeah, I'm alright. Thank you."

As they continued walking, Ao'nung's voice picked up again. "Look at all those freaks."

The group froze, Lo'ak tutting before turning on his heel and stalking back to Ao'nung. Waving off Neteyam's concerns, he reached the other bot. Tsa'tvayi pursed her lips as hurt bloomed in her chest at Ao'nung's words.

She watched as Lo'ak waved his hands around and shook his extra finger before tightening it into a fist and raming it right onto Ao'nung's face, over and over. A snort escaped her at the incredulous look on the boy's face as Lo'ak plummeted a fist into his face.

The shock wore off of the other Metkayina boys, Unrei wrapping a hand around Lo'ak's slim tail and beginning to pull in an attempt to pull the darker boy off of his friend. From the corner of her eye, she could see Neteyam sighing as he scratched his head before his shoulders dropped and he jumped into the fight to help his brother.

The boys tumbled all over the sand like children, a laugh escaping Kiri. "So immature," she called out.

Tsa'tvayi couldn't help but laugh in agreement as Lo'ak whined about his tail and Ao'nung about his ears. When the fight refused to end, two of the boys jumping at Neteyam, she stepped forward.

"Enough." The command rang in the air, the immature children stopping as they released all unowned appendages, Neteyam reaching forward and clasping a hand on Lo'ak's neck as he pulled the younger close.

Tsa'tvayi crossed her arms as she glared down at the group, her tail flicking. "You are all worst than babies," she hissed.

She could see a glare rising to Ao'nung's face as he pulled himself to his feet and opened his mouth wit ha venomous expression. Right as he was about to speak, Tsa'tvayi preparing to scratch his eyes out, another voice rang out.