"Look, I—fuck, alright, okay. Just get me a shirt please. A looser one, preferably. All my spares were taken by Whiskey's boys." Whiskey was the code name for Araya, and the people under his wing were always either high or drunk.

"Righto, I'll do that. While you, uh, hide in the toilet or something." She speed walked away, heels clacking with every step she took, echoing down the hallway.

I entered the washroom, and leaned against the sink heavily, head swirling with invasive thoughts. Darn, why was Blaine here? Did Eli bring him? Then where was Leon to look after his little brat of a boyfriend?

Sighing, I waited for a while, before there was a knock on the door.

"Delivery!" Emma laughed, and helplessly grinning, I opened the door. Emma passed me a clean button up, and poked her head in, looking around. "Hm, never really taken a look in the boys' washroom before."

"Foxtrot designed it." Foxtrot was Aiden's code.

"Yeah, looks good. Wait, you have something on your collar. C'mere." She took a step in, and started fiddling with my collar while I stared off into blank space. She suddenly paused, and leaned closer, sniffing at my collar. "You smell different. You smell like vanilla bean." She wasn't afraid of blood, she'd spilled blood countless times before.

"Must be the shower gel my boyfriend uses. I cling to him every chance I get, so maybe that's where the smell came from." I grinned at her, and she mirrored my smile.

We froze when there was an audible gasp from the outside of the washroom.

Eli and Blaine were at the end of the corridor, staring straight at us. Eli had a hand over his mouth and widened eyes, while Blaine just looked astonished.

Emma was very close to me right now, but we both knew we wouldn't catch feelings. She was pansexual, and I only had eyes for Blaine. I'd known her for years, but only ever saw her as a friend, and vice versa.

The larger problem was that I was covered, head to toe, in blood.

"Blaine?" I whispered, but it was obvious the boy standing there was Blaine.

He let out a small breath, and Artemis in his arms curled up tighter. From her actions, I could tell that Blaine was trembling.

"Sweetheart, I'll explain, alright? Just let me change out of these clothes first." I wanted to explain here and now, but emanating the smell of blood wouldn't really help my case.

Blaine seemed to let out another tense breath he was holding, and he turned away without saying anything. Eli gave me a narrowed pout; even though he knew I would never think of disloyalty. The two went back, presumably back to the lounge.

"Emma, would you mind explaining to the boys? I'll be right with you, 'kay?" Looking worried, Emma replied with a question. "He isn't a crazy girlfriend, is he? Will my hair get torn out? God, you remember David's ex? That bitch had rabies or something."

"No, Blaine wouldn't hurt a single fly. I promise. But I'm afraid he might misunderstand, so help me out, alright?"

She gazed at me with narrow eyes to see if I was lying, before sighing. "Alright. I was gonna do that anyways. While you..clean yourself up or something. By the way, you smell like bloody vanilla. So you might want to take a shower or something." She closed the washroom door behind her, and I took a quick shower in the shower room before changing.

__________

When I finally entered the lounge, Blaine blinked at me with a hesitant look. He was the only one in there, along with our pets.