Part 10 - Injured

Comincia dall'inizio

"Wa-" she breathed out, "Wat-"

Wat?

Water! I finally figured it out, looking around for the nearest water source, deciding that the closest one would be the ocean itself. I checked her wound, still bleeding. I couldn't leave it, but I had to get her water. I moved her hand with my own, pressing it in on her wound, making her hiss out in pain. "Please try and push it down, okay? Please!" I begged, leaving her there and rushing as fast as I could to get her the water she needed.

Next problem, though. I had nothing to put the water in. My head whirled, figuring out a way to get the water back without it spilling everywhere, which I managed to do quite quickly. I reached into my side-satchel, retrieving a yellowy-blue shell and using the dipped side of that to transport the water in.

My blurry eyesight and mindspace made everything go quicker, I was already back with Ni'teya, helping her drink the water and regain energy that she so needed.

She finished it all, my hand still pressed on her wound, managing to put an end to the bleeding at long last. Her two hands shook as she held the shell, all the while she was letting out dreadful whines and hisses as there was no sign of the pain stopping. I took the shell from her, placing it back into my satchel and focusing on her again.

"Breathe, Ni'teya. Deep one in, deep one out, in, out, remember? Just like we learned today." I tried my best to help her calm herself down, as that would be the only way of easing the pain she was in. When that didn't help, I took her hand and held it tightly with my free one, pulling it upwards onto my own chest, showing her how to breathe properly. "In," I started quietly, even though my own breath wasn't all that steady either, "out."

It seemed to be helping her, her breathing slowed significantly, all the while she kept her two worn out eyes on mine, visibly trying her best to focus.

When she got calmer, I whispered a silent "Good." as I released her hand from mine and brought my own up to her now warmer cheek. She never broke her stare, either. Even if I'd look away to check her wound for the millionth time, I could still feel it burning into me.

A small chuckle escaped her, causing her to wince but continue with what she was about to say. "My turn.. to be... saved." Ridiculously, she smiled at her witty sense of humour, making me only return the smile due to the fact that she was strong enough to speak now. Because of that knowledge, I looked down and closed my eyes, letting myself catch my own breath.

I let out a laugh, replaying the past few minutes' events in my head over, using my hand to scratch the back of my neck anxiously. That laugh however quickly turned into a silence, followed by my smile dropping slowly, still leaving my head downwards.

Idiot.

(POV: Narrator)

Lo'ak had an unreadable look in his face. His eyes alone were filled with dread and worry, but if you looked at all of his features, he seemed frustrated.

"How did it happen, Ni'teya?" He whispered a little louder, lifting his head further upwards.

He watched as she angled her head towards the ocean before answering him. "Rock." She simply stated, irking a disbelieving emotion on Lo'ak's face this time.

He sighed, "why didn't you tell us?"

She met his eyes again, not speaking. She only shook her head in response, confusing Lo'ak.

He decided not to force it out of her, moving onto his next order of business. He checked her wound once more, standing up and turning his head away from her, only to receive a sharp tug on his arm followed by the sound of an ouch!