The crew looked back and shivered. The snake's fangs had left a huge indent in the tree behind them, which continued to erode from its venom.

"That could be a problem," Robin stated. "I hope none of us get eaten...or skewered...or liquified."

"Stop it!" Usopp shouted. "Come on, we need to retreat!"

Luffy had other ideas as he walked straight up to the python and looked it in the eye.

"Hey, snake!"

The snake's eyes narrowed as it hissed at Luffy.

"Isn't he going to use Conqueror's Haki?" Usopp whispered. "That thing could really eat him alive!"

But Luffy's next words stopped the snake short. "We're looking for a golden bell! Have you seen it?"

Before the Strawhats could fully comprehend the idiocy of the question, they were taken aback by the snake's reaction. It was still staring at Luffy, but its eyes were wide. It seemed to have a faraway look in its eyes.

Luffy smirked. "You're looking for it too, right? If you want to find it, go wait for us under the giant beanstalk. I assume you can find your way there."

The snake evidently understood what Luffy was talking about better than the Strawhats did. It looked at Luffy suspiciously for a little while longer before raising its head to the sky and letting out an unusual hissing noise.

"Ssuuuulaalaalaalaaaa!" it hissed loudly, almost as if it was trying to say something, or perhaps imitate something that had been said. Immediately afterwards, it turned around and started slithering rather quickly towards the Strawhats' destination.

"What was that all about?" Nami asked.

"Tell you later," Luffy replied, still grinning.

Robin's suspicion that the captain knew something about this place that the rest of them didn't was now solidified, but she let it go for the moment.

As they made their way deeper into the forest, the crew began to hear the unmistakable sounds of conflict faroff in the distance.

"It sounds like there's a battle going on here," Sanji commented.

"But how? This is Upper Yard. Aren't we supposed to be the only intruders?" Usopp asked nervously.

Zoro closed his eyes for a moment. "The status quo has changed. There are around 80 people on the island at the moment. They're all fighting. Some of them are already down for the count." He opened his eyes. "It's war."

"War?" Robin repeated. "So it's a rebellion against Enel's reign?"

"It's unlikely that all of Skypiea would accept his rule," Zoro replied.

"You're right. Most likely, the conflict was already in the making. It could be that our presence here has galvanized the resistance," Robin speculated.

"I don't think it was just us," Luffy spoke up, drawing the crew's attention. His brow furrowed. "Do you guys remember what that weird knight guy said? There was another group of Blue Sea dwellers that caused trouble here recently. And now, we come along and take down a priest. It kind of mucks up Enel's image, don't you think?"

Sanji nodded. "It makes him look vulnerable. That's why they're acting now. Whoever showed up before us must have been a Grand Line pirate. Our own success aside, they were no pushovers if they did so much damage."

Luffy's frown deepened. And whoever it was, they weren't here last time. I have a bad feeling. I hope I'm wrong. It couldn't be...

He looked at Zoro, who met his eyes for a brief second. His countenance was nearly as grim. This did not bode well.