38. More Clones

Começar do início

He walked over to you and handed you a piece of paper, "You can't change us, we are heartless bastards who kill for fun. Don't think for a second that you are influencing us in the slightest, afterall we are master manipulators, you'll never know if we are telling the truth."

"Is that a gun in your pants or are you just pleased to see me?" You taunted the clone, making an attempt to stop him talking further whilst putting the paper in your pocket.

You heard howling laughter through the door to the lab, indicating that even if this clone didn't like your joke, the others did.

You watched as his fists clenched and his body became tense.

You didn't even get a chance to fight back when he lunged at you, pushing you into the wall. You felt a sharp shooting pain run from the bottom of your back to your skull. The wind was forced out of your lungs and your hands were roughly pinned above your head. A cold, thin metal was pressed against your neck. Thoughts could barely form in your mind, and you were sure this clone had a scalpel held to your throat. You tried desperately to regain your breath without being cut, but you were gasping for air and couldn't help the movement of your neck as you reached upward in an attempt to fill your lungs.

"Omega!" Prime ran towards the both of you, dragging the clone away by his collar.

The clone pulled Prime's hand way from him in an instant and they stared silently at eachother for a few seconds.

"Tch, they're just like all the others, why do you care what happens to them anyways?" He said before walking away, waving the scalpel carelessly in the air, "They're week and pathetic, I'll be surprised if they last a month."

"That's Omega, the biggest pain in my ass imaginable," He said, running a hand through his hair, "Unfortunately  for you, you'll be dealing with him and an assortment of my other clones today. 219 hasn't returned from his material collecting and they all have research and other paperwork to turn in. It's a fairly easy job, skim over the papers, anything you think is interesting or important put it into the box on the right-hand side of your desk, everything else goes into the box on the left and anything your not sure of leave on the desk, I'll have 219 scan over them once he's back."

You nodded, still slightly breathless, but slowly regaining your composure.

"I'm sorry about him, but know his threats are empty and his words are meaningless. He knows I could deactivate him if I wanted to,"

"Why don't you?"

"He may be selfish and arrogant, but he gets the job done, plus he's one of the more advanced models," He looked at you before continuing, "The others you've met are all numbered, the two represents my rank and the numbers following represent the order they were made in, however when a clone is mostly perfect they receive a name such as Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Omega. You may meet more of them today you might not, but they are all from different points of my life. You'll figure it out."

He left for his office and you decided to sit down at Ténèbres desk. It was fairly clean except for a coffee stain or two. There was a petrified Sumeru rose laying across the box on the left side of the desk. You picked it up and placed it next to the box before taking the paper out of your pocket and reading it.

"G̶a̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶e̶n̶j̶o̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶i̶e̶w̶.̶ ̶T̶r̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶.̶  Let's not talk about what happened before, yeah?  -Prime"

Well that is... something?

You didn't have time to think about the note in too much detail as a clone walked through the door. This clone had shorter hair and his face was completely uncovered. He was wearing a smart, black suit with his shirt collar up and failing miserably at tying the tie around his neck. After failing three times he pulled the tie from his neck and began grumbling under his breathe, clearly frustrated. He turned to you, his eyes widening in surprise.