Neteyam smiled at Y/N, approving of her arrival. She smiled, back, then turning her head to look at the other kids sitting around her with the same expression. Y/N could feel the uncomfortable silence that enclosed the kids around her, so she decided to start a conversation. "So, what's up?" She asked, not looking up from her food and playing with it.

"The sky is Y/N!" Tuk answered. Y/N chuckled, looking up from her food to the young girl. She crawled across the small circle, wrapping an arm around the girl, pulling her into Y/N's lap. Y/N started to play with Tuk's hair. She received a small laugh from the mini audience around her.

"Your hair is very pretty, did your mother do this?" Y/N asked. Tuk turned to look at her and nodded, a wide grin from ear to ear plastered on her face.

"Your hair looks good too Y/N!! Can you put shells into it like you have in your hair?" She requested only one of her braids being shelled as the beads in her hair still reminds her as a part of the Omatikaya. Y/N accepted her request.

"Lets finish our food, then we can go collect shells from the beach." Y/N smiled at her. They both finished their food quickly, before heading off to the shore of the beach to collect the shells Tuk likes.

"My brother really likes you." Tuk started, skipping and flinging the sand with her heel. She picked up a shell of her own then giving it to Y/N.

Y/N collected the shell that Tuk held up for her, before replying to her words. "I like him too, Tuk, but he's only a friend to me." She frowned. Tuk only just nodded. After collecting enough shells, Y/N put them all into the pouch that sat at her loinscloth's waistband. Tuk fell asleep a few minutes after, she was leaning on a tree. Y/N slider her arms under the sleeping figure, before raising them and picking Tuk up.

Y/N walked back to the Sully's hut, with Tuk sleeping in her arms as she cradled her. "Hey Neytiri." Y/N whispered. She sent the young girl a wave back with a smile. "Tuk asked me if I could do her hair, is it okay if I can? I'll only do one braid." She asked.

"Yes of course honey." She replied. Neytiri patted a spot beside where she was sitting, gesturing me to sit next to her, and Y/N did as she was told after tucking Tuk into a hammock. "So, Y/N, how are you?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm good." Y/N replied with a short answer. She didn't know what to think of what's happening right now.

"My husband and I were talking to your parents, and they told me about how close you and my youngest son were. I didn't realise until they told me. Want to explain?" Y/N raised her eyebrows, surprised at how quick Neytiri got to the point.

"Oh. Well Lo'ak and I are just friends. I don't think I would catch feelings for that boy."

"Darling, it's not that, it's just- never mind. Lo'ak is looking for you on the beach by the way, he is wishing to talk to you." Neytiri hesitated to tell Y/N something, but said something else. Neytiri placed a hand on Y/N's back and lightly pushing her off the floor to find him.

Y/N's POV

It was way past eclipse. Everyone should be asleep by now. I strolled around the shore before finding Lo'ak sitting on the pier, dangling his feet on the tip of the ocean.

"Hey." I said. He looked behind him, and his eyes softened when he realised it was me.

"Hey." He replied. He scooted over, giving me space so I could sit next to him. I reciprocated what he was doing to the water, except I couldn't really reach the water because my legs are relatively short.

"So.. What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Nothing, I just wanted an excuse to stay away from my dad for a bit, and I didn't want to be lonely." I vaguely smiled, but not looking at him. "Walk with me?" He turned to look at me. I nodded while getting up and following his character.

"Why not get Neteyam?"

"I've seen his face every day for 18 years, I wanna see your face princess." Those words made me smile bigger, expressing tenderness. A small blush crept up my cheeks, Lo'ak didn't notice because of the dark atmosphere. We stopped at a platform that hovered on the surface of the water.

"C'mon, don't do me like that." I pushed him into the water, re-enacting what happened the first day we became friends. He quietly squealed, his voice cracking and creating a high pitch.

"It's fucking cold in here Y/N! Why'd you have to do that!" He whisper-yelled. He was about to make me burst out of laughter. I watched his mouth form into a thin line, then into an embarrassed simper.

I felt bad for him enough, so I stuck my arm out towards him, which he grasped onto, then I pulled him out of the water. Once he got himself balanced on two feet, he chose to get revenge on me by smacking the back of my head. I hissed at him, quickly placing my hand on the sore spot to ease the pain. It was his turn to laugh at me now.

I softened as I wrapped my arm around him, trying to provide him warmth. "Sorry Lo'ak." I rubbed my hand up and down his arm as he leaned into me. I pulled him to the tree adjacent to the hard surface, and I leaned my back onto the tree as Lo'ak leaned onto my shoulder.

My lids started to close. I was tired. I leaned my head on head as my grip on him started to loosen. I was about to fall asleep before Lo'ak decided to blow into my ear, making me jump in my spot and waking me up.

"Fucking hell Lo'ak!!" I pushed him off me. He started laughing. "You're so annoying, Lo'ak." I rolled my eyes, before pulling him in again.

"Oh Y/N, you know you love me."

𓂺

A/N: Chapter two done! I was literally contemplating whether or not the fuck I would finish this chapter, because I started on it once finishing the first chapter before falling asleep.

Hmmm I feel like Lo'ak and Y/N's friendship is a bit too touchy for a week's worth of being friends with someone, considering she became friends with someone the day they migrated to their land.

Love you guys!! <3

1825 words