Chapter Eleven - Omegas

Start from the beginning

Around 6:30 or so my father called me down, along with everyone else. "Training commences, get in your designated groups." My father's voice was authoritative. I made my way over to my dad's group and when I got there, I wasn't welcome.

"Rosaline, you've been reassigned." My father instructed and pointed across the training field.

"You want me to train with the omega's?" I asked, my voice cracking. Omegas were the lowest ranking in the pack, most of them have displeased my father greatly but he still allowed them in the pack due to family. I guess I was now an omega.

I silently made my way over to the group and listen to the instructions of my father. "We are running the perimeter. No rank should pass the rank ahead." He glared at me. He knew I was fast, he knew I was better than everyone here. He was punishing me.

I gave him a nod and he led his group out first. I lagged behind at a slow jog, what was the point of this if I wasn't allowed to run a pace that was beneficial to me? Wolves that I knew belonged to Lucas pack began running beside us, snapping and snarling as they made their way up to the front of the pack.

One wolf slowed and matched my pace, his golden eyes piercing mine. Shaking my head I gave him a sly grin, which he returned. His eyes were questioning as he noticed my slowness and I knew that'd I have to explain later.

He gave me a playful snap at my heals and I giggled, "Luke. I'm training." He growled and nipped again. "Stop." I laughed shoved him slighly.

I felt Lucas shiver under my touch and he licked my face. "Seriously? How am I supposed to get anything done with you around?" I joked. He was pleased with my response as he gave a bark of joy. We were rounding the bend, where our two territories split. I sighed and stopped running.

Lucas looked at me in confusion and I reached out to stroke his fur. He shivered again, a growl building in his chest. My focus slipped back and I smiled, "I'll see you tonight." I took off after the pack and easily regained my spot, not to far away from the pack but far enough that I didn't seem lazy.

After the run we practice our one on one combat. I was paired with Penny, a young wolf who was one of the lowest in the entire pack. I easily tackled her to the ground and she groaned with pain.

"Are you okay?" I questioned as I helped her to her feet.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks." She bowed in appreciation.

"You don't have to do that." I smiled, "Really, I'm just one of the pack."

She gave me a questioning glance and nodded, "Yes, Alpha.."

"Rose." I cut her off, "Just Rose."

Penny nodded again and I smiled, "Now, you're small so you should use that to your advantage. Aim for the legs, knock them off balance you got them." I suggested.

She stared at me in awe for a moment before we were called to try again. We faced each other and I again easily took her down. "Mmm..." I mumbled, helping her to her feet again. "You need extra training, I'd be willing to help." I offered.

"No. No." She instantly denied, "Alpha-Rose, really. I cook and clean, I don't need to learn to fight."

"You should be able to defend yourself at least." I countered. She bit her lip, her eyes flickering to the other Omegas. Fear was the dominant emotion on everyone of their faces. "I'll train you all." I smiled.

I started giving the pair next to us tips on how to better their technique, they both easily grasped what I was saying. Training them seemed like a good idea after all, you're only as strong as your weakest link.

My dad called off training after an hour and I sighed, 2 more hours till I see Lucas. I skipped up the stairs and into my room. Turning on some music I grabbed some paper and a pen and began to write up a training schedule. One the Omegas could handle and that would help them the most.

At 9:30 I could barely contain my excitement and decided I'd rather be early than late. Today, I opted for the door, so I started down the stairs. With so many people in the pack house everyone was up and moving around still so I just sort of slipped out the front door. Easier than I thought, why did I jump from the window yesterday?

I was laying on the hard ground when my body began to buzz.

"You came." His voice was relieved.

Opening my eyes, I smiled at him, "Of course, I wouldn't miss it."

He ran a hand through his hair, making his way to my side. He was silent for a moment and then looked at me carefully. "Are you hurt?"

"What?" I laughed, sitting up so we were face to face.

Shaking his head he sighed, "You were behind everyone in the run. You weren't at your full speed."

"I'm not hurt." I smiled, "My father..." I trailed off, sadness seeping into my voice. "I trained with the omegas."

Lucas growled lowly, "Why would he do that?"

"I disappoint him constantly, this is my punishment." I spoke off hand, not meeting Lucas' searching gaze.

"You deserve more than that." His voice was soft, his fingers gently brushing my cheek. My breathing hitched as my eyes met his.

Shaking my head I whispered, "No. It's what I deserve."

Lucas growled and cupped my face, pulling me to him our lips pressed together in a gently motion. "Come on." He wrapped an arm around my waist as he laid on his back, pulling me with him. "Lets sleep." He kissed my forehead, I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep.