𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 ❘𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

It was a few months ago when I became interested in her for the first time. I decided against my better judgment that I should find myself an ordinary human I could feed on.

Being the only vampire in town, I knew I had to be careful about feeding on humans. People here are already suspicious of me. The way I look is different from how any other human would.

I prefer fresh blood directly from the vein. No animal could give me the satisfaction of the sweet blood that humans have. I tried animal blood before; I heard it was similar to vegetable salad, but for vampires. I thought it was funny, so I tried it. Certainly not my thing.

There are not a lot of rules when you're a vampire. Only one, and that is to never reveal your true self to humans.

When you feed on them they will lose a lot of blood and usually, they'll faint after. So, I don't need to worry about exposing my existence, but if they don't faint and they figure out what you are, you'll just kill them. Simple as that.

Now you probably ask, "Why do you need to keep your existence to yourself?" Well, if all humans found out about us, we would all lose the only source of our living.

Some of the vampires bought or kidnapped humans for their own pleasure. Many of them are fascinated by the human world, so they live among the people. Everyone can do whatever they want after they leave our vampire world.

If I had to decide which world is better, I'd definitely say the human one. You have all the blood around you. You can do whatever you want here, and no one is watching your back. My parents watched my every move when I was still with them. Not to mention they only wanted to use me for their own benefit. My creation was not out of love. That word doesn't exist in our world.

Vampires cannot love.

We are the most selfish and gold-digging creatures. You are lucky if you can make even one friend because if you ask them to choose between you and blood. They will instantly choose blood.

Blood, money, and then you.

One night I decided I should go for a hunt. I was pretty thirsty, and it was the second week of not feeding. I was getting weaker. Usually, I feed on men since they are the easiest to catch. Women don't even look at me because I'm bewitching, and many of them are jealous and afraid that I'll make their husbands run to me as if I have an interest in such disgusting creations.

I was near an orphanage that night. I got curious about the humans living there. I even pity them. No one cares for them. Humans are sometimes eviler than a creature like me. They all wear happy masks and pretend to care when they never have. I can't imagine living such a miserable life.

From a distance, I could hear and smell all the people that were inside. No one was outside the building, so I thought this would be a suitable place to find tonight's dinner. No one could see me enter this place or leave.

But that place gave me the weirdest idea I've had in my long "dead" life, as I call it. Something that could resolve my problem for a long time.

Talia's pov

"Do you think I'd look good with black hair?" Stacey asked when she was looking into the mirror.

"I think you'll look beautiful with any hair color, but you know well enough that we can't dye our hair," I answered.

My roommate, Stacey, is my only friend at the orphanage. I'm an extremely shy person. I don't know how to make new friends or talk to people I don't know well.

She's been here longer than me. She came here when she was one year old, and I was three years old. She always makes me happy, even when I'm not doing well.