Without waiting for and answer, Charlie walked upto El's door and knocked thrice. She opened the door and smiled.

“Hey, morning.”

“Morning.” She moved aside, letting him inside. They sat on El's bed.

“I know we don't see each other much often nowadays.” Charlie begun.

“You are busy.”

“A little. But.. I was thinking, I'll come home early and we could watch a movie or something. Just the two of us?” He watched El carefully who beamed at him. And he definitely missed seeing her smile like this.

“5 : 15?” She asked.

“5 : 15” Charlie agreed.

They bother smiled and Charlie cleared his throat to introduce another subject.

“El... I know Mike is your... Boyfriend and you want spent time with him. Um... But don't you think you need more friends...?”

El frowned. Charlie elaborated.

“I know you're not exactly allowed out but... You know Max.... She's a cool kid.”

El glared at him aand Charlie immediately shut up.

“Alright... I forgot you didn't like her. But you know, it wouldn't hurt to give her a chance.”

El nodded. Charlie wanted El and Max to be friends. They had the potential. Max was brave and outgoing. El was powerful and kind. They could look out for each other when Charlie wasn't around. Having someone like Max would be good for El, as much he loved Mike, he didn't want Mike to be the only outside influence in El's life for God knows how long.

“When's Mike coming?” Charlie asked watching El's expression change.

“You don't have to worry.” She said.

“I'm your brother. I can't help it.” He got up smiling and bent down to kiss her head.

“See you later.” He said.

“Later.” El called out.

Charlie drove nice and slow to the pool. He got to his shift after Heather. He waved at Erica who just scoffed and turned around. Charlie chuckled at that. His eyes darted to where Mrs. Wheeler and other Hawkins mothers were sat. He barely held back an eye roll. They were waiting for Billy. It disgusted Charlie, that Nancy's mom would hit on someone the same age as her daughter. And she didn't even seem ashamed of it.

Charlie and Nancy had limited their contact. Only because they were both busy working and well being in new relationships. When they did call, Nancy complained about her job the whole time and Charlie listened. He wished there was anything else he could do but there wasn't.

Charlie's shift wasn't very eventful. He got down from his chair and walked into the dressing room, completely ignoring the ladies who were watching him like a hawk. Karen Wheeler almost seemed unable to meet his eyes. But the others...ugh. Charlie loathed the fact that Billy actually entertained this.

He had only pulled on his jeans when he heard foot steps and low and behold - Billy Hargrove. Just his luck. Charlie immediately fumbled his locker for his shirt.

“Relax, nothing I haven't seen before.” Billy smirked and Charlie rolled his eyes. Billy pulled of his shirt and Charlie immediately turned away. When he looked back Billy was already looking at him.

“Like what you see?” Billy asked, a teasing smirk on his lips. It irked Charlie that Billy could behave so casually with him after everything they went through.