I Don't Want To Be That Tom Petty Song!

Start from the beginning

⍧⍧⍧

Attention on Deck!" A female commanders voice shouts to the cadettes, she stands up straight with a stern face as she looked on with the rest of her crew, she watches as a older man with dark brown skin and grey hair stand's in front of a podium looking on at all of them. 

"Morning!" His  deep voice beckons, Brandy looks on breathing heavily at arms.

"Welcome to your special training Detachment." He says to them, her blue eyes dart around her as she looks between the others and the man in front. 

"Be seated." He orders, she lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding as she sits down next to Red Wing, who kept the same stern look.

"I'm Admiral Bates, Nardic commander." He introduces himself to them. 

"You're all Top Gun graduates,the elite." Admiral states, Brandy smirks looking to Red Wing, she nods her head slowly at the words from the man of power. 

"The best of the best." Brandy nods her head proud.

"That was yesterday." He declares, her smirk drops at his words as she look around before returning her attention back to the Admiral. 

"The enemy's new fifth generation fighter has leveled the playing field details are few but you can be sure ,we no longer possess the technological advantage."
The admiral informs them, her brows knit together as the two of them look on at him. 

"Success now more than ever comes down to the man or woman in the Box." He states.
She could practically feel the eyes of Hangman on her as soon the Admiral said those words, she uses her middle finger to rub her head before stopping. 

"Half of you will make the cut one of you will be named Mission leader." He informs them.
 "The other half will remain in reserve." He explains, Hangman turns over his shoulder looking to rooster, Brandy rolls her eyes at his gestures, ignoring everything in her to not return the favor. 

"Your instructor is a Top Gun graduate with real world experience in every Mission aspect you will be expected to master." Bates tells them, the sounds of footsteps fill the hanger as they look on.

"His exploits are legendary" 

"He's considered to be one of the finest Pilots this program has ever produced." Bates continues, the brunettes look over her shoulder turning around, she can feel her stomach drop down as she looks to the owner of the footsteps, she turns back around her shoulders crunching up. 

He think you called him a perv, Brandy thinks as she bites her lip as the heat fills her cheek, Red Wing furrows her brows at her friend embarrassment, ignoring it as she looks to the man walking down the aisle. 

"What he has to teach you they very well mean the difference between life and death." The Admiral continues on, the gallagher woman notices the same reaction from three others in her crew, Hangman, Coyote and Payback.

Dumbasses threw him overboard. 

"I give you Captain Pete Mitchell, call sign, Maverick." The Admiral finishes stepping aside as the dark haired man takes the stand looking down on the graduates, Brandy crosses her arms leaning on the table. 

"Good morning." He greets, she gives a small wave with her finger, hoping to hide her embarrassment. 

"The F-18 natops." He states holding up a white booklet with outlines and redacted marks on the paper, he pats the paper before sitting it down.

"Contains everything they want you to know about your aircraft" 

"I'm assuming you know the book inside and out." He guesses earning a chorus of hell yeah and damn straights from the crew, she simply nods her  head in agreement with them. he drops the white booklets in the bin next to him, Brandy furrows her brows at his actions