𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 | 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤, 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢

The group had just finished shooting the music video to 'Geek', Laney sat beside Ddot on the stoop laughing at Notti, who was yelling at Dd to get in the right spot for a TikTok

"I'm starving, no lie," he grumbled smacking his teeth. "These niggas take forever to do anything."

"Wanna go to the bodega?" Laney offered.

"Bro, yes!"

Laney laughed, standing up with him, "c'mon," she laughed, "we can get them something too."The two started walking in the opposite direction from the group, leaving their friends to shoot their TikTok. There was a comfortable silence lingering between the two as they arrived at the corner store.

"You order the food, I grab the bevs and snacks?" Laney questioned, already splitting away from Darrian towards the coolers.

He let out a quick "bet", making his way toward the counter.

Laney hummed to herself as she pulled four Arizonas from the fridge, she let the door slam shut, jumping when she was met with the eyes of a random boy.

"Um, excuse me." she awkwardly smiled trying to shuffle around him.

The boy slid to the right, blocking her from passing by. Laney froze in place, eyeing the boy suspiciously as he held his hands up.

"I'm not trying to be weird or anything, but I saw you and I wanted to talk to you. I'm sorry."Laney could tell the boy was nervous, his eyes shifted nervously from her eyes to the surrounding area. With a slight shake to his voice he continued, "I- um, we had art together. I'm Noah."

Usually Laney was usually apprehensive when boys approached her. But she got the sense that Noah was sweet.

"Hi," she offered a sweet smile, "I remember you, you did that really cool sculpture, right?"Noah let out a breath of relief, nodding his head, "Yeah that was me-J cole." They spoke at the same time, "yeah, I sculpted J cole."

"I liked it, a lot actually." she hummed, "you're talented."

"Nah," he blushed, shyly turning his head away, "You're the talented one, I like what you did with-"

Noah was suddenly cut off by the coarse sound of Ddot's voice, "bruh what? you taking forever."

Laney turned to face Darrian, the smile still adorning her features. "Sorry, I was talking to Noah," she grinned shoving the drinks into ddot's arms.

"Noah?" He mugged, finally noticing the taller boy to his right. "The fuck is you my nigga?" He mugged again, twisting his lips.

Laney leaned forward instantly swatting him in his chest, "bro, get the fuck away from me, have some respect." she scolded pushing him in the direction of the checkout. He smacked his teeth going to the counter to pay.

Laney offered Noah an apologetic smile instantly apologizing for her friend's actions. "I'm sorry about ddot, he has no social etiquette." she joked.

"Nah it's cool, I know they protective over you so-" seeing her questioning glance, he hurriedly explained, "I just saw ya all over the neighborhood and in school together, I know they like ya, brothers."