𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐝𝐝𝐨𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫

If she was being honest, this newfound "fame" didn't really mean a lot to her

If she was being honest, this newfound "fame" didn't really mean a lot to her. Laney was more so excited about what this would mean for her brother and the rest of the Sugarhill rappers.

Dd and Ddot were both peacefully asleep sprawled across her bed while she and Notti lie across the floor. She sketched aimlessly while she listened to Notti rant about how he grew from a thousand something followers to ten thousand since Eli dropped his music video.

"That's what's up, post the links to your videos so they can know you make music too." she hummed, reaching over to push his braid back as she worked on sketching his right eye.

"Bet," he listened before she got a notification that he posted on his story.

Laney let out a quiet chuckle shaking her head at the boy, "not wasting no time huh?"

"Hell Nah," Notti responded surveying her face, "you were excited earlier."

"yeah."

"Why are you not anymore?" he observed, she shrugged her shoulders, answering with a quiet, "I am, for you guys, I don't really see myself getting too involved with all of this."

"I don't know if you forgot or something, but ya were just in the studio for a song that's dropping tonight." He remarked.

She shrugged again, "I know, I just don't plan on doing too much you know? I kinda like staying on the sidelines, not doing too much."

Notti studied her expressions watching her face remained stoic as she spoke, she was always so nonchalant about stuff, and somehow Notti was the only one who could get her to open up. "What you gon' do about this video then? And the music stuff?"

"I'll do the video tonight, but after that, I don't think the drill scene is for me."

"Yea you too calm for that." he agreed making her crack a smile, "gotta hop on a song with me one day though."

She laughed, shaking her head, "Okay Notti."

"I'm so serious, My heart. That shit today was fire." He grinned.

"Thank you." she hummed, "I feel kinda bad though."

"What for?"

"I don't do all of that, you know dissing the dead and all." Her voice was airy and soft as she kept her head pointed down to her sketchbook. "I don't know, I'm probably overreacting."

Notti sat up moving to lie beside her, "you're not overreacting. This kind of shit is not for everybody, and you're a kid so."

"Fuck you Notti, you're three months older than me." she groaned shoving his shoulder.

He opened his mouth to respond only to be cut off by the ding of his phone signaling a new message. It came from the same unknown number that he's learned to be Lia. He reached over turning his phone back off.