35

Even though the car she sat in was being chased by a terrifying flesh creature, Eden couldn't help but think about Billy. How she just left him in a burning car that could explode at any second.

"Eden." She was finally snapped out of her trance, courtesy of Steve.

"What?" She snapped, crossing her arms.

"We had to go." He gave her a sad look.

"He could be dead for all we know. You all just left him for dead." She ranted, eyes pooling with tears.

"He's a spy, Eden. There's nothing we could do.." Will butted in.

"He doesn't deserve this shit." She quickly sobbed, putting a hand over her mouth to try and cover up the ugly sounds that emerged from her mouth.

Her body wracked as she violently cried, so over the night at this point. She could care less that a monster was chasing them and that it was definitely illegal at the amount of people placed in the car at the moment. She wanted to go back to literal days prior, where she could annoy her boyfriend while he worked like she normally did. Her thoughts were cut off as she suddenly heard voices through the walkie talkies.

"Dusty bun, do you copy?" A foreign voice flooded through.

"I copy Susie-poo. It sounds much better now, thanks." Dustin's voice sounded next. Robin and Steve shared a look, muttering 'Susie'.

"Okay, so listen do you know Plancks constant?"

"Do you know the earth orbits around the sun?"

"Okay so, I know it starts with two sixes and then a- what is it?"

""Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can.. save the world?"

"Oh snap." Eden mumbled.

"Susie-poo i promise i will make it up to you as soon as possible."

"You can make it up to me now."

"What?"

"I want to heard it."

"N-not right now."

"Yes, now, dusty-bun."

"Susie-poo this is urgent."

"Yes, yes. You're saving the world. I heard you the first time. But Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Susie, signing off."

"Wait wait! Okay.. okay."

Just then, Dustin began to sing a song from The Never Ending Story. Everyone shared a look to determine if this was really happening— it was. Will and Lucas looked like they could burst into laughter if hey weren't in a life or death situation. Eden looked pissed, knowing she was listening to two teens sing when she should be saving her boyfriend. The song finally cut to an ending and Susie finally gave up Plancks constant. Suddenly, the Mind Flayer began to turn the opposite direction.

"It's turning around!" Steve shouted.

"What?" Nancy asked, completely clueless.

"It's turning around!" He repeated.

"Maybe we wore it out." Lucas suggested.

"I don't think so. Hold on!" And suddenly the car was spinning toward the complete opposite direction, sending Lucas and Will colliding onto Eden's lap.

Jonathan quickly raced after the creature, who was stalking its way back to the Starcourt mall.
___
Once Jonathan realized where the Mind Flayer was headed, he hit the gas harder. The group beat the creature from the Upside Down, and Eden realizing Billy wasn't in his car anymore once they pulled into the parking lot.