Ch. 2

Although they were still awkward around each other, the conversations managed to flow a little bit more easier during the entirety of the holidays. Since everyone was at home for Christmas Draco and Potter actually began to walk and talk outside the confines of their room. (Draco nearly lost his shit when he started to think about his room as their room).

One thing that was also changing was that Potter didn't seem to have the same frequency of panic attacks that he usually had late at night, and though he seemed to be doing fine now Draco never questioned it. After all, it was nice being able to talk to Harry in this comfortable light.

It felt so surreal being able to talk about mindless things with Harry. Hanging out in the library together, reading together. Draco even managed to get Potter to do his holiday homework with him. It was a routine of some sort, a comfy routine. Way too comfortable.

Draco hated the way he got whenever he saw that Harry didn't leave his room the next morning.

So now they were sitting down in their now shared room. Books displayed all over the floor as they both did their homework late into the night. The fire space and their lamps keep the place lit. Draco was flipping through some more of his potions work when suddenly a pen rolled in front of him. He looked up to see Harry smiling at him lying on his stomach as he flicked another to him.

"Harry" he said going back down to look at his work "you are so close to finishing, keep going"

He smiles when he hears Harry groan in response

"We have been doing this all afternoon" he groans "we can save it for tomorrow, let's do something"

Draco looks at him then looks out of the window, the moon high in the sky "Harry it's late, what is there to do anyway"

Before he picks up another paper Harry grabs his hand and puts it down. Draco gasped suddenly, aware of how close they were now that Harry was sitting up straight.

"We can talk?" Harry suggests.

Draco hates the way his heart drops to his stomach upon looking at him. His hair was the same messiness as it usually was but along with the Christmas sweater and the fires caused him to have the most wonderful glow that made Draco blush. So he cleared his throat and nodded nervously.

"Ok" he agreed cautiously "about what?"

Harry shrugged "about anything you want, you curious about anything?"

Draco bit his lip and thought for a moment "Are Ron and Hermonie dating yet?"

Harry's eyes widened "How did you know?!"

Draco laughed "it was kind of obvious, though I do admit they make a great couple"

Harry laughs with surprise and nods "yeah Ron's been in love with her for as long as I remember"

Draco smiles at that "how nice"

Harry blinks at Draco for a little bit but before he could ask what was wrong Harry blurted out

"Have you ever been in love?"

Draco blushed profusely at this "What kind of question is that?" He sputters

Harry smiled "a normal question everyone's been asked" he deadpans

Draco shakes his head "I thought we were gonna be talking about school drama not about our personal feelings"

Harry rolls his eyes "oh come on Draco everyone always asks this question when they are hanging out with their mates"

Draco shakes his head "I certainly have not"