Chapter 7: Attacked

I was still in the same spot from yesterday. The outside was soaked with rain from all my tears and my fur remained smeared in blood, blood that was now dried to my fur, reminding me along with every scar the cruel alpha gave me. My wounds had closed up but they left scars that seemed they were never going to go away.

Raindrops found their way into the tree, creating a small puddle. My head looked down into it and tears formed in my eyes seeing the word he wrote on my forehead, nothing. I whimpered, recollecting him saying it. His voice kept repeating in my head and I spun around changing my position.

My ears suddenly raised and my nose sniffed, scenting I was not alone. Wolves were near my home. I stood up, frightened, trying to locate their direction. I sensed one not too far from the tree I was but the other I had somehow lost his scent. I had to leave knowing I wasn't safe here.

How did they find my territory? I couldn't help thinking I was the one who led them here after leaving to hunt for food. I quickly left the tree hoping they didn't spot me.

A large grey wolf jumped before me and stopped me.

"We've been searching for you she-wolf?" he growled at me.

I slowly walked backward, terrified. They had found me, The Grey Pack. And it was my fault. I'm the one who lured them to the safe spot. My body spun to run in another direction and another member stopped me. His fur too was grey.

I was scared to death, for the first time facing members of The Pack that put an end to my pack.

My entire body quivered in the midst of them.

"Where is the thing you and your members stole from The Grey Pack, rogue?" growled the other wolf.

They didn't know I was a member of The River Pack. As The Dark Moon Pack, they two were taking me for a member of the rogues. The thieves. It was better that way but still, I was in great danger I was almost killed by the alpha of The Dark Moon Pack assuming I was a rogue. I could be unlucky now to escape them alive.

"Perhaps our teeth in your neck shall make you talk."

There was a section between them I could escape but I was unsure if I could outrun them. They could be too fast for me.

I had broken my grandmother's promise to leave the depth of the forest and I was not going to break her last promise, which was for me to grow as old as she was one day. I had to escape them. I run between them and ran the fastest I could.

"Make sure she doesn't escape alive!" I heard one yell behind me.

I glanced behind me worried that they were gaining on me. Both wolves were not too far from behind me and they could gain upon me at any moment. I had to find a place where I would be safe from them or sooner I would be a dead wolf. I couldn't think of anywhere, now that, I was chased from the depth of the forest. I could not run forever. I haven't regained my full energy and my feet were becoming weak. My eyes widen as one of the wolves came to my right side. His sharp teeth bite at me. I made a sudden turn outrunning him.

"I'm going to rip off your neck when I catch you, scoundrel."

My eye widen, horrified by his comment.

I couldn't allow them to catch me. I had to fight to stay alive for my entire pack. I made my way quickly through some thick bushes clueless about where it would be leading me. My eyes widen and I tried to stop myself seeing I was about to run into the alpha. I tried to stiffen my two front feet to slow down but my body slammed into him. My face rested against his. He growled and I quickly ran behind the kind lady who had saved me, his aunt.

"Control your anger, Deucalion," Madison tried to calm him down.

His blood-red eyes stared at me with pure hatred and anger, I felt my entire body quiver.

The alpha stare went from me as he heard a noise behind him. It was the two wolves chasing me. They too quickly stopped as they saw the alpha and began to walk backward. I saw they were too terrified of him.

"Sorry to be on your land, Alpha Deucalion." One apologized. "We're only here for that scoundrel, she stole something valuable from our pack."

"No, I didn't," I answered quickly.

"It's okay you're safe with me," Madison softly told me as one of her hands gently touched my head.

I was comforted by her touch, my head leaned onto her right side.

"Please give us the scoundrel, your alpha and we will quietly get off your land."

My body jumped as I saw the alpha both arms widened at his side and sharp claws emerged from his ten fingers. The Grey Pack quickly ran away, terrified of him.

Tears formed in my eyes and I blinked them away, allowing my eyes to swallow them back for my identity's sake. I envied the alpha and wished I was as powerful as him. Then I didn't have to always be hiding from any wolves, I could fight to protect myself.

The alpha's attention went back to me and I find myself backing away, scared. He walked to me as he did,

"No, Alpha Deucalion," Madison's hand rested on his hard chest, stopping me.

"I made you save her yesterday, I'm not going to allow you to do so again," he growled at his aunt.

I thought about running from their land, but I was scared that the two wolves were waiting on me, knowing that the alpha would somehow chase me from his land.

He gently moved his aunt before me and remained to walk toward me. I whimpered taking a step backward at every move he made.

Madison was determined to save me again. She ran towards me and wrapped both her arms around me. Not caring that my fur was dirty and dried with blood from my injuries nor that I stink. I looked at her deeply touched by how kind and soft-hearted she was.

"I won't let you hurt her," she began to cry.

The alpha stopped, staring at us both.

"She's a rogue, a thieve, Madison, a worthless wolf. She needs to die," said the alpha.

"She's too young," retorted Madison. "Why not we give her a chance with our pack? She could learn to be better," implored Madison.

"Never!" yelled the alpha upset.

Madison slowly stood up blocking me from him, hurt by his words.

"When my daughter was stolen from me, I begged the moon goddess that if she's still somewhere out there alive, please allow someone to take care of her as I would."

"She's not your daughter, your Haley would never be a thief like her," retorted the alpha upset.

"I don't care what you have to say, Deucalion. I'm going to take care of her just as I would have wanted someone to take care of my daughter," Madison wept as she spread both arms, protecting me.

I looked at her in disbelief.

"I don't care that you see her as just a rogue and you'll never make her a part of this pack. I will take her in anyways," said Madison upset.

Alpha Deucalion was about to say something but she shut him up.

"I don't need to stay on your land, remember I have my own land," she told him.

"Come on young she-wolf," she instructed me.

I glanced at the alpha standing infuriated by her words and slowly I began to walk at her side.