Farrell: "I want that book you dirty Pole!"

Polish officer: "You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hand you god damned Facist pig!"

Farrell: "I will then!"

I proceed to bash his face in, it was barely recognizable, but, then I looked into his eyes. I saw the light leave them. I just realized what I'd done. I killed this man, brutally, and unjustly, he didn't deserve what I just did to him. As this realization hit me, I blank, but I grab the book, and turn around. I walk to General Fahloh.

Farrell: "Polish, orders mam"

Alice: !

She pulled the book out and read it, her face going serious and looking at me

Frieda: "Schutze, you just saved hundreds of your comrades. PLATOON, HALT FOR A MOMENT"

Luckily people were helping fight and clear our area, and the few Polish soldiers that were left either surrendered or retreated. They were about to proceed, but ran over upon her yelling to stop advancing

Alice: "According to this book of orders found on a Polish officer, there will be a active assault on one of our armored convoys with what few anti tank weapons that they can get ahold of, and a assault on our artillery support,  we will be going to defend these positions do you all understand?!"

Soldiers: "Jawohl General Fahloh!"

Alice: "good! Squad one and two, you'll join me in protecting our artillery batteries and Squads three and four you'll go to help protect our armor!"

We all nod and grab up our weapons, I was in squad 1, Frieda was our squad leader and luckily Angela was second squad's squad leader. As we walk Ms. Fahloh walked beside me, she pulled out a cigarette

Alice: "got a light?"

Farrell: "of course General"

I pulled out my lighter and held it up to her cigarette, it got lit, and she smoked it.

Alice: "thanks"

Farrell: "no problem mam"

Alice: "you wanna know something kid?"

Farrell: "what mam?"

Alice: "you remind me of my former husband"

Farrell: "is that a good or bad thing?"

Alice: "a very good thing, he was a very brave soldier in the Spanish civil war in 1936, he volunteered to go fight in Spain"

Farrell: "is that where he"

I was hesitant to finish my sentence, i didn't want to upset her

Alice: "where my husband died? No, thankfully. He got to spend his final days with our son and I"

She'd explained and my eyes went wide, she had a son?!

Farrell: "you have a son?!"

Alice: "Ja, he's currently staying with my parents, in Aachen"

Farrell: "good, how old is he?"

Alice: "he's six, you and him share a birthday"

Farrell: "oh, he was born just after the Fuehrer came to power Huh?"

Alice: "Ja"

She smiled kindly

Alice: "I like you, you're a good guy"

Farrell: "I'm going to disagree with that mam, but thank you for the compliment"

She rolled her eyes and then looked at my chest

Alice: "your chest is looking bare schutze, I think you earned a medal for your actions"

Farrell: "no no, please don't go through the tro-"

Alice: "hush, I'm already approving awards so I might as well as approve one more"

Farrell: "but what did I do that earned me a award?"

Alice: "first off, you destroyed a MG nest close to unaided, Frieda and Angela failed in drawing fire, mainly because they met members of the grey ranks"

Farrell: ! "Are they okay?!"

Alice: "yeah, thank god, but anyways, you also got this book of orders for us, thus saving upwards of hundreds of lives in our regiment, and in others as well"

I try to further argue, but she eventually put her finger over my mouth, and hush me after taking a long drag from her cigarette.

Alice: "shut up, you earned it"

I decided to listen, but I wasn't very happy about it.

Farrell: "what're you gonna give me?"

Alice: "probably a War Merit or Iron Cross  second class"

Farrell: "alright then"

We decided to focus on the March, but other then that we were relaxed, weird I know, but we were just enjoying the calm before the storm.

Chapter Ende