five | actress

Depuis le début

I watch as she sighs and sits at the foot of my bed. She eyes me for a moment before pouting. "Why?"

"I just don't feel like it."

"So, I'm going to be all alone because you don't feel like going to school? How is that fair?"

"Girl... you know..." I sigh, scratching my scalp over my bonnet. "I just don't want to be around human beings right now."

I mean, after yesterday and what happened in the bathroom, I surely do not want to show my face at uni today. I need a break from that boy, and it's sad that it's only the first week and already, I'm having issues. All because he won't leave me alone with his folklore. I don't even want to remember what happened yesterday, but how can I even pretend? That experience was out of this world, just being in the restroom with him, and I fear he'll find me again and do the same thing. I don't want that.

So, I just won't go to uni today.

"You know, sooner or later you're going to have to come clean, so you might as well tell me what's going on right now before I run to your father and tell him you're really not sick." Andrea decides to make herself comfortable by laying on her side on the bed. Her eyes watch me expectantly.

I sigh, heart thumping and stomach clenched as I think about it. "So... okay, I should just tell you from the beginning. Take it from the top, right?"

"Preferably."

I then lick my lips and scratch my scalp again over my bonnet. "Okay, so... New Year's Day. The night of New Year's Eve. This is after Banele breaks up with me, telling me he doesn't want me and he doesn't like me and I'm not a good girlfriend, all of that. I go up to the balcony. I'm crying, obviously, you know?"

"We promised that we'd never cry over boys." She throws in quickly.

"Yes, yes. I know. I broke that promise. You have to understand that I was hurt. He took me from the comfort of my house, made me think I'd be having a good New Year's with him, and then breaks up with me in front of his friends after telling me I opened my legs for him way too easily." She rolls her eyes, showing signs of clear frustration. "So, I'm up there, crying. This is moments away from the clock striking midnight. I'm crying, I'm crying, right? Suddenly, this drunk boy comes out of nowhere. He literally accuses me of ruining everyone's vibe because I'm crying. Say's it's ironic I was crying in the club."

"Stupid. It's not a club."

"It's not a club! That's literally what I thought! I think I even told him that." Andrea nods her head. "So, then, I'm literally losing my mind. I'm telling him things like... people cry, and that I was in a bad place so how dare he make me feel bad by telling me I was ruining people's vibe. You know? I'm telling him this and I am crying. In front of this boy."

"Gert!" She laughs at me.

She's literally the only person I let laugh at my misery, and that's only because I always laugh at her and her misery too. "Well, yeah. I'm crying and telling this boy this. Suddenly, he disappears."

"Like, ghost?"

"Literally." I nod my head at her. "One moment he was there, the next he was not. I toss my ring aside—"

"I was wondering what happened to it. I figured you got rid of it after you and Banele."

"Yeah, I thew it because I felt it was pointless, now that him and I were over. So I'm like, I can't go home. Banele was the one who brought me here, so he is the only one who can take me back home. Mind you, I didn't even want to go to that party, but he said we'd have fun and it would be nice and all of that. So, I go looking for him. I find him. I literally call him, but he's literally avoiding me."