chapter 28: water war

Start from the beginning

"How many did you eat?" Merry asks pippin

"four."

I widen my eyes, they must feel the need to vomit now.

Merry nods at him, picking his teeth. pippin belches loudly.

I sigh, not really that disgusted by what he did because my crew has done worse. I move to another boat, not wanting to ride in the boat with them out of fear they'll vomit at me.

We continue to load the boat for our journey. Legolas enters the boat first, then extends a hand to me.

I raise my eyebrows at him, smirking, "ain't I the captain here?"

"well yes but I think the legendary captain maeral deserves a rest once in a while doesn't she?" He says with a smirk

"always the gentleman huh." I take his hand, his soft touch on my skin.

"my father raised me to be nothing less, nor shall I intend be anything less." He says with a serious look.

I chuckle, putting my bag besides me while I sit back sideways, arms stretched to the sides of the boat and my feet dangling over to the water.

I turn my head to him "as you should."

After everyone starts to settle in their boats, the elves stand amongst the trees, along the bridge, where our boats departed from, all to greet us goodbye.

Legolas grabs the oars and just like that we begin gliding across the water. Chills went up my body as the glideness in the still water brings me back to my ship. The constantly moving surface but not really feeling like its moving for how still the wooden floors feel like, the sounds of the waters splashing from the movement of the ship. How the waters seem like its parting ways just for us to go through.

I pull back my feet from dangling over the water, sitting up straight, putting my hands over the water. Feeling the cold water against my skin. I smile, feeling like as if i'm on my ship again.

Oh valar, I'm so so homesick.

"how's the water?" legolas speaks up

"very cold....but comforting" I say, before turning to legolas

he nods, then I point to his new bow "ooooh you got new gear, lemme see." I stretch my fingers at his bow, beckoning for him to hand me the bow.

he hands me the bow, but pulls it back as my fingers reach the bow 

"what?" I glare at him, offended I can't touch his brand new bow

"this is new, don't break it" He says before handing me the bow carefully

"yes yes yes I get it now let me hold it." My fingers grasp the bow, feeling the carvings on it. I pull back the string, testing the sturdiness.

"okay now this is cool" I pause, Legolas smiling smugly as I look over the bow with an approving look. "....but swords and daggers will always remain superior I fear." I continue causing him to scoff and roll his eyes.

"now you're just saying that because you are horrible at archery." legolas says matter of factly. I gasp loudly in genuine offense. Okay now I might not always get the center of the target but that really does not mean i'm horrible at it, I rarely miss! Well.....most of the times but that's not the point at the moment.

"nah uh I ain't, I might not be amazing at it like you do but-" I deny before legolas cuts me off

"so you admit it?" he interrupts and I frown in confusion, tilting my head. "i'm more amazing at you in archery." he continues with a smirk.