Investigation

"BRO WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS PICK ME UP??" Said Anya, dropping her bag on the ground.

"Sorry, Anya-san! We ran into complications with the case." Yor sighed. "That Alice girl's family is really good at hiding stuff!"

"More like, they literally made it as though their criminal records never existed." Loid added. "Are you sure they commited fraud??"

"Y-yes!! Of course! Any- I mean, I'm positive!"

"In that case, come here and help us search."

Anya joins her parents and looks through documents. Then, all of a sudden, there is a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Said Anya as she rushed towards the door.

When she opened it, she saw a veterinarian with her dog, Bond!

(We're pretending Bond is still here at the time, mkay?)

"Yay! Bond is back!" Anya squealed excitedly while reaching down to pet him.

"How is he, doctor?" Loid asked iNqUiSitiVely.

"He's good as new!"

After discussing some medicines and whatever, the Vet left. After that, the Forgers decided to continue digging through the files.

"I think I found something?" Said Yor picking up a folder.

"Let me see that, Yor-san." Said Loid as he took the folder from her.

"I can't believe it.. It's here!" Loid said in utter shock.

"What does it say, what does it say!" Said Anya, beginning to feel impatient.

"It's a case file. It talks about how the family pressed charges against... The DESMONDS??" Loid was definitely pretending to be shocked there, mhm.

"You mean sy-on's family?" Anya asked, blinking in surprise. "Okay, gimme that!"

She snatched the paper from her father and figured something out. The Desmonds were wrongly accused of a scam. Fortunately, they won the case. However, it was proved in court that Alice's family were the scammers. But they somehow got away with it. It was almost like a pyramid scheme. But this made Anya's blood boil.

"How dare they
.." Anya muttered.

She started to remember all the kind things Damian said to her in the field. She could feel herself starting to blush.

"Anya. Why are you blushing? Do you have a crush on that girl?!" Loid jokingly asked.

"EW NO!!" Anya protested. "I'm straight, and she wouldn't even be my type if I wasn't."

Loid laughs and then comes up with a plan.

"We can bring this to the police in order to resume the case with that kid's family. But we have to wait for backup from W.I.S.E. because we never know how much they've done." Loid said, tapping his chin.

"Okay-? So basically, W.I.S.E. will learn more about the matter and give us more evidence?" Anya said, trying to simplify for her own understanding.

"Yep, pretty much." Loid sighed.

The next day, Anya got up earlier. She had planned to tell Damian that the crime involved his family.  But she wasn't sure how we was gonna take it. That guy is so confusing to her. Sometimes, he's so sweet and kind, other times rude and stupid. And lastly, TSUNDERE. But hopefully she'd be lucky. At least, she will be if Emile and Ewen don't annoy that poor kid to bits.

But turns out, that could never happen.

"You two are so annoying!" Damian blurted.

"Whatttt? Just because we know you're head over heals for Anya??" Ewen teased.

"Haha, Damianya!" Said Emile.

Oh boy. There's no way Damian isn't in a bad mood by now..

"G-good morning, sy-on..?" Anya nervously approached.

"Morning, Forger." Said Damian, sort of smiling?

Hopefully that meant she'd be fine. Becky was absent that day, so Yor dropped her off at school. And Damian and Anya (once again) had lot's of classes together. And Anya was legit praying that Mr. Henderson wouldn't be there. She really needed to talk to Damian. Fortunately, her prayers were answered!

"Hey umm, sy-on?" She asked nervously.

"Yeah, what's up?" Damian replied.

"I need to tell you something..."

"Uh, what is it?" Damian asked, seeing that she was nervous.

"So we found out about the crime of Alice's family.."

"And..?"

"They sued your family for a scam when they commited it." She blurted. "I mean, your family won, but they hid the crime away!"

"...what the hell..?" Damian said under his breath.

"So... We wanted to bring this up again in order for-"

"No." Said Damian coldly. "I don't want my family getting involved. And you aren't bringing them into this."

"B-but sy-on.."

"No buts!" he snapped. "What if something happens to them?! I won't help if it means I have to risk that. You're on your own."

"N-no, please! I'm sorry!!" She pleaded.

But it was no use. Damian was mad at her. And she didn't even understand why. Maybe he didn't have faith in his family? Because why would he be worried about a scam accusation if he was sure his family was innocent. Anya knew that they were after viewing the case files. But he didn't. She has to find a way to get him back on her side somehow! Otherwise, who knows? Maybe she'll lose something important.

Not just her parents...

But one of her dearest friends too.

Word count: 861