Prologue: Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"What brings you to the MPD today?"

"Oh, um... I am here to..." The alpha quickly looks him up and down.

"Are you a tourist?"

"T-Tourist?"

"Head this way to get to the Imperial palace, go that way to get to Dongdaemun and the other way for the International Forum." Stone faced, he points in a variety of directions.

"Oh, um, well, you see..." Seokjin is NOT a tourist.

"Got it?"

"...Yeah." Seokjin take a step backwards, intimidated by the strength of his intense gaze.

"Well, take care." With those words, he leaves, walking towards the entrance of the building. Seokjin guess he's a detective here. He seems like a real straight-laced, top-notch investigator. Seokjin watch him walk off, momentarily lost in thought. Suddenly, he spins back around. Again? What is it this time? "You should hurry and go. Someone'll think you're suspicious, loitering around here."

"S-Suspicious...?!"

"I mean, I thought so." And with that, Jimin quickly heads into the building. What was that all about?! Suspicious! Yeah right! He's a detective. Any remnants of anxiety disappear.

"Time for me to walk into this place."

Seokjin walk towards the building. The werewolves passing through the lobby all look so sharp and perceptive. Wow, they all seem so professional. Do he really belong here?
*bump*

Seokjin, "Oh, sorry!"

"...Oh." The beta looks down at Jin. He's pretty tall. His handsome face is expressionless.

"Sorry about that, I wasn't looking where I was going."

"..."

"Uh..." Does he not hear Jin?

"ZZZZzzzz..." He's snoring?!! Namjoon's sleepy face moves to look more closely at Jin. Namjoon's expression changes as he finally seems to register that Seokjin exist. "Huh...? Wha?"

"Um, don't worry about it..."

Youngbin, "Namjoon, good morning!" An alpha, (er, Seokjin mean, alpha pup?) comes towards them. "Oh! A omega! Cool! I've never seen you before. Do you work here too?"

"Y-Yes." Starting today. Anyway his smiling, carefree face is cute. The MPD seems super strict. Seokjin's surprised they allow Youngbin to wear casual clothes and dye his hair.

"Wait a minute... You?!"

"Y-Yes?!" Youngbin surprises Jin by moving suddenly to analyze his face from all angles. His face is so pretty! Seokjin can't believe he's looking at him this up close.

"You look like one of those, um...you know, those things!"

"One of what things?"

"What are they called? Uh... You know, those... Okay, okay! I remember! A hamster!"

"Uh..." Seokjin don't know whether to be angry or not.

"You see the resemblance too, right, Joon?"

Namjoon, "Yeah, I'm not really seeing it..." Seokjin know, right!

"What are you guys hanging out here for? You are going to be late for the meeting." A beta calls out to them as he passes by.

Youngbin, "Sodam! Check it out! Doesn't this omega look just like one of those things?"

"What is a 'one of those things'?"

"Er... What was it called? I just said it... You remember, right?"

Seokjin, "Was it...a hamster?"

"Yeah, yeah, that's it! That!"

Sodam, "Who goes around comparing themselves to a hamster?"

Seokjin, "No, I'm not saying I look like one. I was just..."

"......" Sodam's unimpressed stare stops Jin mid-sentence. What's up with this guy? "...Four."

"Huh?"

Youngbin, "There it is, Sod's rating."

"What?!"

"Hm. A four. Not bad, right, Namjoon?"

Namjoon, "...Sleepy." Is this guy conscious or not?

Sodam, "Well, this isn't the time to be messing around. We're going to be late for the meeting. Let's go."

Youngbin, "Oh, yeah! We should better hurry! Later, Hamster!"

"H-Hey!" The three of them disappear before he could finish what he was saying. What was all that about? Hamster?! A four?! Four points out of ten? No way. What if they meant four out of 100? Or they could've meant four out of five. "Yah! I'm so annoyed!" Seokjin accidently say his thoughts out loud. Werewolves in the lobby turn to look at Jin. Okay, this is embarassing. Seokjin escape into the elevator.