7|| "ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴀᴍɪʟʏ"

Start from the beginning

Her eyes widened at the look on her brother's face. She could see the sadness and guilt in his eyes.

"Aw, come here," she said as she pulled her brother into a hug. He hugged his sister back.

"You are not a disappointment Lo'ak. Ever since the day you were born, you have made this family so much stronger. You did the right thing by standing up for your sister. I know Dad is proud of you," She comforted her brother.

She broke away from the hug and put her hands on his upper arms.
She looked down, directly into her brother's eyes.

"I'm proud of you Lo'ak."

Lo'ak smiled. He put his forehead against his sister's and closed his eyes.

"Thank you Nateya."

.

.

.

Nateya was flying her Ikran. It had been a while since she went flying with just Nita and no one else. She loved Nita alot and would always talk to her while the Ikran just listened quietly. The girl felt as if the creature understood her.

As if she understood how she truly felt inside.

Nateya hopped from island to island. She climbed through trees and would jump off them for Nita to always be there and catch her.

"Woo!" Nateya cheered out. She started ululating while the wind brushed her face. She felt at home. Unknown to her, below the two of them were a certain group of Metkayina boys with her littlest brother.

"Good girl Nita," Nateya giggled as she rubbed the Ikran's neck. Nita suddenly let out a shriek which started the girl.

"Hey, whats wrong girl?" she asked worriedly to her Ikran. The creature kept letting out cries. Nateya tried to soothe her by patting her and quietly shushing her.

"Take me to what's bothering you," She calmy told her Ikran. Nita suddenly dipped down, landing near the edge of an island. The girl got off the creature and walked towards the edge. She looked all around and spotted a familiar group of Metkayina boys.

"This part is outside of the reef," Nateya said to herself and watched as the group of boys rode away on their Ilus.

"What are they doing?"

She turned around and walked back to her Ikran. She mounted the creature and flew up. She directed Nita to the area where the group of boys were a few seconds ago. When she got there, Netaya circled the area looking for anything out of the ordinary. That's when she saw a dark blue blob moving in the water with a large gray blob following it. The girl looked closer and her eyes widened at what she saw. The gray blob was an Akula. Tsireya had told her about the sea creatures in the ocean when Nateya had asked. The Metakyina girl had said that the Akula was a large marine predator and that their jaws that could split into three contained dangerously sharp teeth.

She then looked closer at the dark blue blob and gasped when she saw what it was. It was Lo'ak. Nateya had to think quick before her brother got hurt. She jumped off Nita, diving into the water and hiding behind a rock, not too far away from the Akula and Lo'ak. The Akula was nearing Lo'ak and had him trapped inside a coral structure. She had to get the creatures attention somehow. The girl tried to make calling sounds and scream but the creature was too busy with Lo'ak to notice her.